We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team! You will perform functions to assure that all clerical, administrative and accounting support functions run smoothly, and allow our Pastor the freedom to perform his duiies.
This is a 40 hour week Monday - Friday.
1. General Office Duties
- Answer the phone and respond to emails.
- Answer the door/direct visitors.
- Handle mail, both incoming and outgoing.
- Work with Parish Trustee to coordinate interior and exterior maintenance and repairs, and schedule repairmen when necessary.
- Coordinate distribution and return of keys and fobs for Elders, Board and Committee Members, and others who are authorized to have regular access to the church building.
- Maintain sensitive information and oversee destruction of sensitive documents when they are no longer needed.
- Complete and maintain Tax Exempt Form 13 related to Vendor Requests.
- Miscellaneous Duties as Assigned.
2. Reports and Printables
- Maintain Prayer List. (Hospital/pastor visit list)
- Prepare Annual Meeting packet and other handouts that may be required for Special Congregational Meetings.
- Receive and file minutes from Board and Committee meetings.
- Order all office supplies.
- Maintain assistive listening devices, including replacing batteries when necessary.
- Complete payroll.
- Distribute W-9’s.
- Prepare weekly financial reports.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and checks.
- Prepare and mail quarterly giving statements to members.
- Reconcile Income and expenses.
- Oversee Petty Cash account.
- Maintain Facility Calendar, including scheduling of weddings, funerals, and meetings.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word compute programs.
- Experience with financial programs.
- Ability to present a professional and respectful demeanor in a Christian church setting, including maintaining confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
Pacific Hills Lutheran Church
Why Work Here?
Great church. Gospel centered. Liturgically based. Wonderful choir.