Requisition ID # 30602
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Office of President & COO
Job Location : San Luis Obispo
This is an ESC represented exempt classification currently subject to collective bargaining.
This associate level Procurement Specialist position is the first in a progression and is responsible for procurement work at Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP).
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
1 year experience in supply chain if PG&E or 2 years’ experience in the same field from another company.
A 2-year AA Degree in Business or closely related discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US.
Possess one of the following Professional Industry Certifications:
- ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- ISM Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- NCMA Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Three (3) years or more contract administration experience in a nuclear facility.
- One (1) year or more experience using SAP R3 Materials Management module; knowledgeable in SAP Work - Management and Financial modules.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, supply chain management or other related fields.
- IACCM Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) certificate
- IACCM Contract & Commercial Management (CCM) certificate
- Thorough understanding of DCPP and PG&E procurement processes, policies, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of DCPP systems, structures, components and facilities.
- Identify and select potential suppliers using market data, qualified suppliers list, and qualitative and quantitative analysis, plant requirements and potential diverse suppliers.
- Seek out and develop Women, Minority, and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (WMDVBEs) to meet or exceed supplier diversity goals.
- Develop requests for information and requests for proposals.
- Analyze supplier proposals and identify potential cost savings, spend reduction, supplier consolidation and standardization opportunities.
- Prepare bid analysis criteria and bid evaluations utilizing standalone materials and Company online resources, e.g. Power Advocate.
- Purchase goods (materials) and services in accordance with Company procedures and policies.
- Process documents in SAP, e.g. purchase requisitions, purchase orders, purchase order changes, and outline agreements.
- Administer open purchase orders including monitoring of delivery dates and coordination with Line of Business (LOB) to include Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, and Technical Coordinators on technical issues.
- Coordination of material delivery to include the expediting of the materials from the supplier, logistics management, delivery requirement validation with the requesting organization, and communication with LOB.
- Manage blocked invoices in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract and/or purchase order, coordinate with suppliers and accounts payable as needed.
- May participate in an assigned Emergency Response Organization position (may be part of an on-call duty team)