Skilled Construction Laborer
Pacific Federal Management Barrigada, GU
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Skilled Construction Laborer
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The Skilled Construction Laborer will perform a wide range of physical labor tasks in support of workers on the construction site. As a Skilled Construction Laborer, you will perform tasks associated with the trades.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions and responsibilities as listed below but not limited to:
- Work on painting surfaces and trim to maintain good visual appearance.
- Prepares layout area where construction will take place by properly measuring, marking, or recording openings or distances.
- Prepares tools and materials needed to complete tasks.
- Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools related to position such as but not limited to: power tools, wood working machines, levels, routers, sanders, saws, screws, nails and glue.
- Build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Install, test and repair cables, lighting, electrical power, electronic and fiber equipment.
- Follow blueprints to ensure wiring is installed correctly, up to code, and in compliance with safety regulations.
- Prepare, install, repair, and rebuilding of block, brick, or stone surfaces.
- Prepare, lay, smooth, and finish poured concrete surfaces.
- Directs traffic near, in, or around work zones.
- Motion equipment operator to assist with alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Cleans jobsite at the end of the day, ensuring trash is properly disposed of and materials or equipment are properly stored.
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic as needed to count and take inventory.
- Thorough understanding of the correct and safe operation of all related tools and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience, practical skills, and knowledge with a construction trade(s) is required.
- Valid and clean Guam light truck driver’s license.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays and at night, when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Pacific Federal Management
ConstructionView all jobs at Pacific Federal Management