General Construction Laborer
Pacific Federal Management Barrigada, GU
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: General Construction Laborer
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The General Construction Laborer will perform a wide range of physical labor tasks in support of workers on the construction site.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions and responsibilities as listed below but not limited to:
- Assists skilled workers as assigned. This may include jobs such as demolition, carrying lumber, or construction.
- Unloads materials that are delivered and distributes them to appropriate location as identified by supervisor, project plans, or specifications.
- Prepares layout area where construction will take place by properly measuring, marking, or recording openings or distances.
- Prepares tools and materials for skilled workers such as mixing cement or preparing flooring for installation.
- Cleans and prepares specific areas of jobsite as assigned. This may include digging trenches; erecting scaffolding; cleaning up rubble, debris, and trash; or removing hazardous materials.
- Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Directs traffic near, in, or around work zones.
- Motions equipment operator to assist with alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Cleans jobsite at the end of the day, ensuring trash is properly disposed of and materials or equipment are properly stored.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic as needed to count and take inventory.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Prior job experience preferred.
- Valid and clean Guam light truck driver’s license.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays and at night, when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Pacific Federal Management
ConstructionView all jobs at Pacific Federal Management