Principal Systems Engineer - EW System Integration
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
** Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance. **
Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer EW System Integration
Location: Multiple Sites - El Segundo, CA / Sunnyvale, CA / Mukilteo, WA / Nashua, NH / Falls Church, VA
Pacific Defense Strategies, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer Electronic Warfare to join our team.
Pacific Defense is designed to support the DoDs disciplined movement to modular open standards. The companys approach inherently enables what it refers to as a rapid prototyping paradigm embedding a commercial mentality into the defense industry. Products are designed from the outset for modern, AI-driven autonomy and CMOSS and SOSA-aligned hardware and software solutions. This includes state-of-the-art processing that can readily follow the evolution of commercial technology with complete data sharing across networks and platforms.
Who are we looking for?
Pacific Defense is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer with experience integrating multi-function electronic warfare systems to be a member of a highly visible team working in an open systems environment supporting rapid prototyping and field demonstrations of state-of-the-art multi-function EW and SIGINT systems, with the goal of bringing the best technology available to the Warfighter as quickly as possible. The ideal candidate has the ability to identify and understand technology risks and drives event driven evaluations of electronic warfare systems supporting technical maturation and risk burn-down and is viewed within the company and the customer community as an expert in EW technologies.
- US Citizen with active DoD SECRET clearance or interim SECRET clearance prior to start date
- Demonstrated success in working well in a team and collaborative environment
- Domain and expert technical knowledge in one if the following: Electronic Warfare, Signals Intelligence, Battle Management Command and Control, Secure Digital Communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations
- A capacity to thrive in a self-motivated environment that has few boundaries
- Ability to identify technical, cost, and schedule risks/opportunities and to engage technical support appropriately
- A desire to find, explore, and solve new and challenging problems
- A proven capacity to contribute to multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Develop solutions compliant with open system architectural standards
- Work within the development team, focusing on implementation issues of architectural significance
- Rapidly prototype testbeds to support development
- Integrate and test complex hardware and software systems, develop methods and tools to run test analysis and capture testing gaps, and support gap resolution efforts
- Mentor development staff in the art of requirements gathering and test-driven development
- Maintain an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts and/or procedures for efficient processes
- Evaluate technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business and customer objectives
- Assess, monitor, document, and communicate on project scope and status, risks, and key learnings to project stakeholders.
- Engage in architecture definition, technology development and insertion, and technical trades with an emphasis on commonality, best use of resources, continuous process improvement, generation and adherence to best practices and achieving best value to the company and the acquisition Customer.
- Ensure that the intent and/or letter of engineering standards are followed and that designs are compliant to requirements
- Prepare, execute and evaluate field demonstrations to technology stakeholders
- Familiarity with CMOSS and SOSA compliant systems
- Knowledge of applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, protocols), including Military CAC authentication, HAIPE and CSfC
- Familiarity with RF test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, VNAs, Oscilloscopes, signal generators, RF power meters, power supplies
- Familiarity with Anti-Tamper (AT) techniques, implementations, and DoD/US Government standards
- Experience with tracking and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with repository and version control tools (Bitbucket, GitLab)
- Experience with build and test automation tools (Bamboo, Maven, Ant, cucumber, JUnit)
- Experience with standard automated deployment and monitoring tools (Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization software such as Docker; orchestration service such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud
- Experience with real time, multithreaded systems and familiarity with embedded environment
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI access
- Understanding of networking protocols (networking protocols (e.g., IPsec, HSRP, 802.11, QoS)) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Prior experience with VPX/OpenVPX/VME or similar systems
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other team members
- Knowledge of electronic warfare including its three divisions: electronic attack, electronic protection and electronic warfare support
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Systems Engineering and Systems Integration experience with a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, or other relevant technical field; or six (6) years of experience with a Masters Degree
AAP/EEO Statement Pacific Defense is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
AddressEl Segundo, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Pacific Defense