Maintenance Technician/ Multi-Family Property
Pacific Capital Management
Maintenance Technician/ Multi-Family Property
Location: Ceres, CA
Compensation: We value our employees!!!
- Generous benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, (Company Contribution is above market average)
- Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance Provided at no charge to employee
- 401K Retirement Plan with up to a 3% match
- Paid Vacation
- 1st of the Month Following 90 Days of Employment – 5 Years: 3.33 Hours Per Pay Period
- 5+ Years- 10 Years: 5.00 Hours Per Pay Period (3 Weeks)
- 10+ Years: 6.66 Hours Per Pay Period (4 Weeks)
- 8 Paid Holidays and one paid floating holiday per year.
- Paid Sick Time (4 days per year)
- Hourly pay rate is negotiable and depends on the experience of the candidate.
- Bonus Opportunities
- Reduced summer hours on Friday from Memorial Day - Labor Day
- On-Site Residency with Rent Discount a possibility but not mandatory.
For over 20 years, Pacific Capital has grown as a full-service commercial real estate company specializing in creating wealth through a proven process of acquisition and management of investment properties. Our strategy for success is founded on improving the investment; and our commitment to this principle is demonstrated by our in-house property management team. Our portfolio includes retail shopping centers, multifamily residential buildings, commercial buildings, and other strategically selected properties in CA, AZ and NV that meet our stringent criteria for long-term, successful investments.
The Maintenance Technician is one of the primary persons responsible for the ongoing maintenance of a multi-million dollar multi-family property. The position reports directly to either the Maintenance Supervisor or in some cases the Community Manager and is responsible for the community’s overall physical condition and value. Responsibilities include maintaining the physical condition of the exterior of the property and the interior of vacant units, exercising cost controls when ordering maintenance supplies, maintaining management/vendor relations and occasionally training other maintenance technicians and effectively running daily operational maintenance.
- Maintenance Responsibilities
- Respond to maintenance requests received by management from residents within 24 hours, noting maintenance directives.
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings and common areas, making small repairs as needed thereby avoiding many large repairs later.
- Check physical security by making sure storage areas and other such entrances are locked and that there is adequate lighting in hallways, parking areas and grounds.
- Help prepare vacant apartments for occupancy, including painting where required. Complete vacant apartment turnover within 3 to 5 days.
- Know the location of the water meter cutoff, all apartment or fixture cutoffs, gas meter cutoff and the sewer clean-outs.
- Light pilot lights that have gone out. For more complex gas problems, call the gas company.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all installed equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Adhere to safety, security and maintenance policies, directives and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or on-site Community Manager.
- Repair lights, electrical and plumbing (switches, outlets, circuit breaking devices, repair of faucets, clearing of stoppages, replacement of fittings replacement if fixtures, etc.)
- Paint both exterior and interior of buildings.
- Change locks as required.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Order maintenance supplies with approval of Supervisor or on-site Community Manager.
- Attend meetings and seminars as directed by Regional Manager.
- Repair broken glass (including glass cutting and glazing).
- Repair other areas such as concrete, masonry and roofs.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing shelves, sanding and refinishing floors, and replacing hardware.
- Practice safe and efficient work techniques to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions.
- Participate in safety meetings and inspections.
- Ensure that material areas are kept neat and orderly.
- Maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping at all times with regard to equipment and assigned work area and/or department.
Do you fit the Bill?
- 3 years of experience in Property Maintenance required
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Operation of light construction equipment and vehicles
- Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, and work ethic
- Must possess strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a Valid California Driver's License and clean driving record
- Pre-employment Drug Test and Background Check is required.