- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintenance Technician - Seeking to fill a Level 1 - 2 position
Location: Renaissance at Hobble Creek, Boise, ID
Reports to: Property Manager On-Site
Hours: Full Time
- Generous benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, (Company Contribution is above 80% of cost)
- Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance provided at no charge to employee
- 401K Retirement Plan with up to a 3% match
- Paid Vacation
- 1st of the Month Following 90 Days of Employment - 5 Years: 3.33 Hours Per Pay Period
- 5+ Years- 10 Years: 5.00 Hours Per Pay Period (3 Weeks)
- 10+ Years: 6.66 Hours Per Pay Period (4 Weeks)
- 8 Paid Holidays and one paid floating holiday per year.
- Paid Sick Time (4 days per year)
- Hourly pay rate is negotiable and depends on the experience of the candidate.
- Reduced summer hours on Friday from Memorial Day - Labor Day
- On-Site Residency with Rent Discount a possibility but not mandatory
For over 20 years, The Renaissance at Hobble Creek Apartments have created a pleasant environment of growth, learning, and opportunity for employees. Our team is family—you may even forget you're at work! With attention to detail, we work to create comfortable apartment homes for our residents through dedication and exceptional customer service. We invite you to join our fast-paced, dynamic team where no two days are exactly the same.
Our parent company, Pacific Capital, includes a vast portfolio of retail shopping centers, multi-family residential buildings, commercial buildings, and other strategically selected properties in CA, AZ, ID and NV. With this kind of solid market share, our parent company takes pride in maintaining long-term employee partnerships through stability, empowerment, and competitive benefit programs.
The Maintenance Technician is one of the primary persons responsible for the ongoing maintenance of a multi-million-dollar multi-family property. The position reports directly to either the Maintenance Supervisor or in some cases the Community Manager and is responsible for the community's overall physical condition and value. Responsibilities include maintaining the physical condition of the exterior of the property and the interior of vacant units, exercising cost controls when ordering maintenance supplies, maintaining management/vendor relations and occasionally training other maintenance technicians and effectively running daily operational maintenance.
- Respond to maintenance requests received by management from residents within 24 hours, noting maintenance directives
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings and common areas, making small repairs as needed thereby avoiding many large repairs later
- Check physical security be making sure storage areas and other such entrances are locked and that there is adequate lighting in hallways, parking areas and grounds
- Help prepare vacant apartments for occupancy, including painting where required. Complete vacant apartment turnover within 3 to 5 days
- Know the location of the water meter cutoff, all apartment or fixture cutoffs, gas meter cutoff and the sewer cleanouts and be prepared to respond to emergencies
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all installed equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Adhere to safety, security and maintenance policies, directives and activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or on-site Community Manager
- Repair lights, electrical and plumbing (switches, outlets, circuit breaking devices, repair of faucets, clearing of stoppages, replacement of fittings replacement if fixtures, etc.)
- Paint both exterior and interior of buildings
- Change locks as required
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance
- Order maintenance supplies with approval of Supervisor or on-site Community Manager
- Attend meetings and seminars as directed by Regional Manager
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing shelves, and replacing hardware
- Outdoor deferred maintenance projects as assigned
- Practice safe and efficient work techniques to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions
- Participate in safety meetings and inspections
- Ensure that material areas are kept neat and orderly
- Maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping at all times with regard to equipment and assigned work area and/or department
Do you fit the Bill?
- Maintenance Technician experience preferred
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Operation of light construction equipment
- Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, and work ethic
- Must possess strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Pre-employment Drug Test and Background Check is required
Powered by JazzHR
Pacific Capital Management
Real EstateView all jobs at Pacific Capital Management