Human Resources Specialist
Pacific Bearing Co Roscoe, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resources Manager will provide support across the company with various Human Resources activities. PBC is a fast paced manufacturing facility and offers great benefits as well as being a dog friendly work environment.
The ideal candidate will :
- Support the recruitment process by helping draft job descriptions, identifying candidates, scheduling phone screens, processing background checks and new hire screens in ADP Workforce Now.
- Analyze market data and make source candidates through various job boards.
- Prepare, review, and send offer letters to job candidates through ADP Workforce Now
- Receive and process new hire paperwork, create, maintain employee files ADP Workforce Now.
- Lead performance management process; communicating instructions to employees for the Mid-Year, Annual Evaluations ADP Workforce Now.
- Give guidance and coaching to managers on effective performance management.
- Coordinate and deliver training sessions and seminars.
- Monitor appropriate documentation, as well as ensure compliance of various state, federal and company items.
- Responsible for maintaining library of HR documents and forms via company SharePoint and ADP Workforce Now.
- Support and partner with others across the organization to support as needed on HR related inquiries or requests in a timely & confidential manner.
- Complete termination paperwork ADP Workforce Now and complete exit interviews. Provide feedback to supervisors.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practice. Maintain HRIS systems and updates.
- Assist with company events: annual meetings, holiday party and community events.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or 4 years of HR experience.
- Knowledge of labor law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective understanding of HR functions, best practices. and people management skills.
- Knowledge of payroll practices.
- ADP Workforce Now experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient math and computer skills.
- Experience in conducting an investigation, research and fact-finding practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a standard office setting as well as time spent in the manufacturing plant.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but the plant is noisy and may require ear protection, safety goggles as well.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Must be able to move about the office and plants with ease. Must demonstrate sufficient visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity to use computers and other equipment and the ability to communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Intermittent physical activity including walking and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Ability to move about and communicate with a diverse employee group.
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced environment with varying stress levels.
- Occasional exposure to individuals under duress.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs. occasionally.
Pacific Bearing Co
BusinessView all jobs at Pacific Bearing Co