WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
You will manage our Vernon plant’s distribution center during the Day Shift. You will also work closely with the following departments to make sure we fulfill our commitments to our clients; food processing, logistics, facilities units, sales, and purchasing teams to make sure we fulfill our commitments to our clients.
As a member of the core management team, your primary duties are to help define DC Warehouse goals and execute strategies. You will keep abreast of regulatory, safety and food safety requirements. You will manage operations in a cost efficient manner.
Your other duties, which are no less important, are to standardize operations processes and policies; ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations; and achieve business excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1. Strategy, Vision and Leadership:
· Help drive and communicate annual target goals for KPIs in Production, Distribution Center, Logistics and Facilities, and perform gap analysis to reach the targets;
· In coordination with the Director of Operations, ensure that resources & capabilities are developed, enabling effective execution of above plans;
· Set budgets and priorities on all Base Level Capital Investments and follow up on delivery on promises made in the commitments to justify the capital spending.
· Responsible for standardizing operations processes and preparing for/implementing processes and policies, working in close relationship with stakeholders
· Support, promote and stimulate innovation, customer focus, and quality and cost improvement initiatives.
2. Functional and Asset Management:
· Responsible for the reliable production of quality products, while respecting regulatory, safety and food safety requirements;
· Execute and deliver on all product supply commitments;
· Set & maintain operational standards to ensure appropriate levels of customer satisfaction;
· Be responsible for environmental health & safety, quality management, and reliability activities for the site.
3. People Management:
· Partner with HR on talent management, retention, and safety training (requirements and execution) for all associates in his/her organization. Prepare for succession planning and proper training in accordance. Complete performance evaluation and career development plans for the team;
· Performance review: Complete performance reviews for production, distribution, logistics and facilities teams. Keep team members accountable for their performance, resulting in improvement plans/actions where needed. Prepare and suggest financial incentive proposals, in accordance with the shared gain principle;
· Guide, coach, supervise and motivate employees;
· Take lead of creating, stimulating "play to win" culture that drives continuous improvements;
· Communicate effectively and properly with subordinates, peers and superiors;
· Use Change Management techniques to overcome resistance to change.
· Able to replace/backfill managers on his/her team as needed.
WHAT QUALITIES YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
· Be a role model for Integrity, Courage and Conviction;
· Excellent leadership skills: Communicate clear objectives, provide feedback, suggest improvement for individual performance, coaches;
· Excellent change management skills: Adapts to changing business needs, introduces new ways of thinking and behaving, applies new ideas. Comfortable to manage ambiguity;
· Professional fluency in English and Spanish;
· Be customer-focused and achievement-driven;
· Fluent computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems;
· Practical/pragmatic approach to problem solving & timely solution execution;
· Manage conflicting priorities within tight deadlines;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Ability to lead, coach, engage and develop teams;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills;
· Strong collaboration skills to get things done within a matrix organization;
· Excellent networking skill to build internal and external networks;
· Excellent organization skills to set priorities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE’S BACKGROUND:
This is a demanding role in a fast-paced round-the-clock operations company, so you will need to have the right background:
1. Experience: Four to five years’ experience in managing manufacturing, DC operations or logistics aspects of a business (preferably food manufacturing).
2. Education: We highly prefer candidates who have a university degree in an Operations- / Engineering- / Science-related discipline.