LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - Los Angeles, Orange County areas.
Title : Human Resources Generalist (Fluent in Spanish Required)
Location : Vernon, CA
Reports to : CFO
- Must be fluent in English & Spanish.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
- 5+ years in human resources.
Located in sunny Southern California, PAFCO is a global, innovative food manufacturing company with 40 years of success. High quality products and integrity contribute to its steady growth, allowing PAFCO to consistently outperform competitors. PAFCO is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of its associates. Learn more about the company at www.pafco.net.
We are currently looking for a polished, professional HR Manager to join our growing team! The right individual is fluent in Spanish and has several years of HR experience under their belt. If you are professional, great with people, self-driven and entrepreneurial then we want to hear from you. For the right individual, PAFCO offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package, and a tremendous career opportunity.
The HR generalist will take full ownership of HR duties including improving culture, recruitment, performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, learning and development, payroll/hour support, and legal compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects high quality employees to fill vacant positions.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Schedules, plans, and launches team-building events.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults with inside and outside legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES :
- Be a role model for Integrity, Courage and Conviction.
- Adapts to changing business needs, introduces new ways of thinking and behaving, and applies new ideas. Comfortable to manage ambiguity.
- Practical/pragmatic approach to problem solving & timely solution execution.
- Manages conflicting priorities within tight deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to get things done within a matrix organization.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Applicants will be asked proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Currently, PAFCO does not offer sponsorship.
PAFCO is an Equal Opportunity/ Drug Free Employer.