Senior Systems Engineer - Aerospace Cybersecurity
- Posted: over a month ago
- $125,000 to $175,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical,
PAC is an innovative, privately-owned company delivering high-impact operational capability to our Defense and commercial partners. Our trusted team of engineers, operational experts and technical specialists share a passion for the capabilities we support - always ready to go the extra mile to ensure mission success. We look for people who value integrity, flexibility and professionalism - these values set the standard for everything we do.
Our culture allows the unique opportunity to make - and see - an impact. We enable autonomy, value professional curiosity and decisiveness, and - above all - cultivate collaboration. Our dream candidate doesn’t just ‘fit’ our culture - they add something unique and enhance it.
Our team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with a focus on Aerospace Cybersecurity to help drive creative solutions and take initiative when problem-solving. This role can be done in office or in a hybrid environment. Anticipated start date for this role is Jan 2023.
Assignments will vary, but you will be responsible for providing the following professional services:
- Advice relating to the cyberworthiness of aircraft and ground based systems for the Royal Australian Air Force F/A-18F and EA-18G programs
- Fleet sustainment support and advice
- Acquisition, Development and Sustainment support
- In location and time zone CONUS based support
- Provision of subject matter expert advice
- Technical and project management documentation review
- Developing and delivering briefings, assessments, engineering reports and program letters to senior / executive level staff
- Systems engineering – advise on requirements definition and documentation for aircraft related designs, oversight of the design process, and provide direction to third parties during design reviews. You will be responsible for the preparation of a cybersecurity program regulatory framework, a differences briefing, and preparation of a Plan of Action and Management (POAM)
- You may be required to attend conferences, meetings and symposiums
The stand-alone role is dynamic and involves collaboration across different physical locations and multiple time zones and supports client tasks and objectives as well as corporate needs.
Our dream candidate is someone who:
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in engineering / software / computer science or related field from an accredited institution.
- Specialized experience in the field of electronic warfare / aerospace/ operational cybersecurity (or equivalent).
- Experience with civilian and/or military aircraft system acquisition and certification frameworks, such as the Australian Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASRs), United States Navy M-12034.1 NAVAIR Airworthiness And Cybersafe Process, NIST or equivalent
- Experience with, or an understanding of the agencies associated with Australian and/or U.S. military cyber security
- Minimum 5 years’ broad professional experience in Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ specialized expertise in cyber security related field
- Knowledge of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Defense Security Assistance Programs
- Ability to comply with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Values autonomy and naturally takes ownership.
- Displays initiative and has exceptional attention to detail.
- Is an effective communicator and demonstrates a willingness to work collaboratively.
- Is able to multi-task and adjust to constantly changing priorities.
Life at PAC
We recognize the value of your unique skills and will provide you with a flexible working environment, ongoing training and development opportunities and a competitive salary. Additional benefits include;
- Medical, Dental, Vision options
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with matching
- Employee benefits and support program
- Four weeks annual leave, six days sick leave and 10 paid holidays per annum.
Integrity is one of PAC’s core values and as such, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion. PAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Employment decisions are based solely on the best person for the job and without regard to candidate status, background and/or any characteristics protected by laws and regulations.
This is a full-time position.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are US or Australian citizens. Holding, or eligibility to obtain, and maintaining a secret security clearance is a condition of employment in this role.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
PAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Our core capabilities span across Mission Planning Systems, Technical Information Exchange, Simulation, Aviation, Engineering and Certification, Air/Land Integration, Electronic Warfare Systems, and Operationalized Cyber Security.
Pacific Aerospace Consulting
AddressLexington Park, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?