Sales Development Representative (ML/AI/Data Science)
- Expired: April 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto." Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted-service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want.
What It's Like Being Part Of The Pach
Pachyderm is a rapidly growing, Series B company funded by the top VC's — Benchmark, Decibel, M12, and YCombinator. Pachyderm has always and will always embrace a "Remote-first" approach to growing our team. This allows us to hire a diverse group of individuals across the country (and world!) while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Being a member of The Pach means joining a supportive team that cares about you, values kindness and works hard to create an open and transparent workplace.
Pachyderm is still small, so joining means you are getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
Pachyderm is looking for people who are personally motivated to pursue a career in sales, who uniquely possess both grit and a growth mindset. In this role, you'll be responsible for qualifying leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel, researching potential clients, connecting with and educating prospects, and qualifying leads before handing them off to the Account Executives.
Most of the playbook is in place so you'll be set up for success, but you will also have significant opportunity to iterate and improve on it. The compensation plan for this role is generous because you'll be expected to do your sales development work and help to refine our small team's processes. This role will make a big-time impact on our growth as we scale.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company, product, and sales process.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Create potential opportunities from outbound prospecting, marketing-generated leads, and inbound leads
- Cultivating open source users into Enterprise (Paid) Opportunities
- Brainstorm, research, and evaluate new sales sources and channels
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales, and Founders to plan and implement a strategic outreach plans
- Develop and implement best practices for growing Pachyderm customer base and strategic partnerships
- Create new business by aggressively finding and qualifying leads for our sales teamInterface and nurture leads through various outbound channels including cold-calls, email, and social media
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to drive business strategy.
- Be ready to continuously learn and grind through anything
- 1-3 years of experience in SDR or BDR role / or a client facing role
- Experience in Machine Learning, MLOps or Data Science space
- Ability to connect and develop strong client relationships
- Desire to help build a world-class sales organization
- Willingness to take ownership and execute
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational ability
- Ownership and phenomenal career trajectory
- Startup experience with high-stakes
- Unlimited PTO, within reason :)
- Management that will do everything to make it happen for you
- Team retreats, meals, and phenomenal colleagues
- Full benefits
- Pachyderm equity (this is big)
- Significant equity, 401k and full benefits (100% medical, dental and vision for employees, 50% for all dependents).
- Flexible PTO - work/life balance is important and we want you to take time off to rejuvenate!
- Remote friendly- we were remote before remote was cool and we intend to continue to invest in a remote first culture.
- Tons of fun swag and surprise packages sent to your doorstep.
- Tech and office stipends - what you buy is yours to keep.
- Education and donation stipends - we want to support your career growth and the community.
- Supportive parental leave (see also: work/life balance).
- Encouraged fun - game days, fun activities, zoom hangouts and more (and - when responsible - visits to our home base for team on-sites)
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Pachyderm Inc.