Position Overview: This position is responsible for supervising academic staff and providing direction, coordination and implementation of strategies and oversees the results of the academic program by performing the following duties:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains Academic Improvement Plans.
- Administers pre/post testing; provides academic counseling; reports student progress
- Conducts academic workshops for staff.
- Administers FSA testing and other state regulated testing; provide training to staff.
- Assesses and approves required testing instruments i.e. STAR, OWLS, etc.
- Trains volunteers and coordinates thier talents into program
- Participates in parent conferences as needed; attends and lead care review meetings.
- Ensures that all disclosures of abuse and neglect are reported.
- Ensures outcome measure complice for the girls.
- Attends field trips and other extracurricular activities as required.
- Communicates with staff concerning girls and theri needs; communicate daily announcements
- Communicates with parents/guardians regarding girls' social and academic progress and disciplinary issues
- Conducts conflict resolution as needed
- Monitors student data via Student Information Management System.
- Promotes Pace within the community, conferences and public speaking events.
- Creates partnerships to maximize monetary potential by incorporating volunteers, donations, etc.
- Networks with community resources to obtain quality services; acts as liasion with school board.
- Monitors classroom and extracurricular activities to ensure standards are met.
- Reviews staff plans for quality and compliance with Sunshine State standards.
- Develops master student schedules, teacher class rosters, transportation schedule, and bell schedules.
- Oversees the implementation of the strength Based Behavior Management System.
- Co-authors studnet handbook, facility schedule, and strategic plan; manages existing resources to minimize cost.
- Recommends for hie, trains, develops, and evaluates staff.
- Conducts new employee orientation; plans and conducts formal and informal supervision.
- Establishes a substitue teacher pool when needed.
- Teaches class as required.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Carries our supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and applicable laws.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university. Major in Education or a related field preferred.
- Minimum two years related experience required, preferably in at-risk environment.
- Florida State Teacher Certification or eligibility for certification required
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Current Florida driver's license.