Position Overview: This position is responsible for assisting the Development Director in planning, executing and evaluating development and fundraising programs to strengthen the base of financial support and sustain Pace Center for Girls Broward's operations and long-term stability. Development activities include but are not limited to: donor cultivation and stewardship, marketing and public relations, social and fundraising events, direct mail campaigns, Internet and Social Media communications and management of donor records and volunteer programs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works closely with Development Director to obtain private donations, identify, cultivate and solicit existing and new donors through various projects and activities.
DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES
- Assists in creating an annual development plan, including revenue and expense targets, donor cultivation, and timelines to meet the objectives of the plan.
- Works closely with Development Director to obtain private donations, identify, cultivate and solicit existing and new donors.
- Networks in the community to obtain in-kind donations in support of the program and special events.
- Assists Development Director and Committee Chairs in managing local event logistics, execution post event follow-up and supports third-party fundraising efforts.
- Develops invitations, evites, programs, posters and ads for special fundraising events and oversees printing and distribution of event materials and ads. Sets-up and monitors on line donations functions for special events.
- Coordinates all development related mailings, including annual fund campaign and PACEsetter updates.
- Works with the Development Director in preparing and hosting Board development meetings, planning meetings for special events, point of entry tours and visits by special guests or organizations. This includes preparing meeting materials and taking meeting minutes.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND GIFT PROCESSING
- Manages the accurate processing of checks, credit cards, electronic fund transfers and in -kind gifts in conjunction with the State Office Advancement Department.
- Processes thank you letters and donor acknowledgements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages donor records in Etapestry or other Pace adapted donor database program and updates information on a bi-weekly basis.
- Creates reports in preparation for and evaluation of special events, direct appeal mailings, PACEsetters
- Updates, annual reports and budget planning.
- Sets up printed and email address lists for both general and targeted mailings.
- Utilizes the Broward section of the Pace website, Broward Facebook, email blasts and other internet marketing opportunities to promote the mission, acquire new donors and fundraise for the Center.
MARKETING USING PRINT,BROADCAST AND SOCIAL MEDIA VENUES
- Helps create marketing campaigns utilizing and expanding various Social Media resources.
- Ensures the Center website is accurate and updated on a monthly basis.
- Maintains the agency's media list (magazines, newspapers, electronic magazines etc.) and assists in the submission of media releases.
- Assists in the preparation of newsletters and eblast announcements and formats them for printed and electronic publication.
- Proofreads reports and written documents for accuracy.
Volunteer Coordination 10%
- The Center's Volunteer Program provides direct support to the staff and girls.
- Coordinates the recruitment, background screening, orientation and assignment of program volunteers.
- Plans an annual Volunteer Appreciation activity for all volunteers and invites volunteers to special program events.
- Assists the Development Director in identifying and supporting volunteers serving on special event and development committees.
- Recruits and manages volunteers at all special events.
Other Duties 5%
- Supports outreach and in-house programs requiring staff assistance, participates in development and fundraising trainings and supports strategic plan initiatives of the PACE Center for Girls Office of Advancement Services.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years' experience in development or a related field.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills; attention to details, good at proofreading.
- Experience and an aptitude for using internet and social media to enhance development and marketing activities of the PACE Broward.
- Upholds the ethical and confidentiality standards of Pace Center for Girls.
- Working knowledge in: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Facebook, Constant Contact or other newsletter/publisher software
- Experience using a donor database
- Current Florida driver's license required.
- Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency and 6B-1.001 Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Agency
- Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required
- Ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Possess strong project management skills and have an ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.