Water Management Specialist 2 - (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Expired: July 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pace Analytical Services, a leading environmental laboratory, has been dedicated to making this planet better for over 40 years. We are looking for a Water Management Specialist 2 to join our professional team at our Special Pathogens Laboratory in Pittsburgh, PA. We are looking for candidates seeking a career with a well-established and growing company.
Mission Statement: Working together to protect our environment and improve our health.
Why work at Pace
- Free Parking
- Competitive pay
- Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Lunch and Learn
- COVID-19 Protocols closely followed
- Staff at this site are 100% Vaccinated
- Full-Time; Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Local, regional, and national travel by vehicle and air up to 50% of time away from office.
The Water Management Specialist II leads the delivery of technical work, manages client relationships, and monitors day-to-day project status. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects simultaneously including field assessments, data analysis, development of reports, client communications, and project management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Estimate and track progress (budget and schedule) to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with VP of Consulting, Program Manager, and Project Administrator on project and client status.
- Interface and communicate with clients to ensure an understanding of the SPL process and to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Lead/participate in field assessments and investigations, including
- collection of facility information,
- field measurement of physiochemical parameters,
- collection of water samples for microbiologic and chemical analysis.
- Apply technical knowledge to interpret data and develop recommendations, including:
- analyze data and develop complex tables, charts and graphs,
- complete literature reviews of technical papers, regulations, and support documents,
- develop Risk Assessment Reports, Water Safety Plans, and other technical documents,
- review Risk Assessments Reports, Water Safety Plans, and other documents for technical content and consistency with SPL's recommendations.
- Develop opportunities for follow-up work, implementation support, and retainer services to maintain client relationships after completion of project work.
Secondary or Additional Responsibilities
- Participate or lead internal workgroups and meetings
- Provide input and continued improvement of consulting standard operating procedures
- Participate in research and development of technical papers and presentations
- Participate in conference and trade shows
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Percentage of Time
Duty or Responsibility
Related Performance Standard
Project Delivery / Technical Work
Project performance (time/budget/process)
Internal consulting group management
Participation in team meetings
Participate in company initiatives
Support and maintenance of SOPs
Internal metrics and reporting
Response to client questions.
Development of follow-up project work (proposals/agreements).
Cross-functional, implementation support, retainer services, proposal/project development.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited university in science, engineering, public health or equivalent subject area.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited university in science, engineering, public health or equivalent subject area.
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Associate Environmental Professional or similar licensure
- General knowledge of building water systems, microbiology and waterborne pathogens, risk assessment process, and water safety and management programs.
- Performs advanced mathematics including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics.
- Understands aqueous chemistry and constituents of Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Knowledge of water treatment chemicals and water disinfection methods.
- Understands aqueous microbiology including Legionella and waterborne pathogens
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Strong organizational skill, attention to detail and time management
- Proficient with information technology products, including Sugar, SharePoint and Microsoft Office and can use web-based software in completing work
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to present technical information and work collaboratively with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to keep employee and client matters strictly confidential.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
This job operates in multiple work environments including professional office space, conference centers, and off-site facilities, these environments may include:
- Use of standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
- Outside work for short periods of time in all weather conditions
- Hand, eye and mental coordination is required for long uninterrupted periods of time while standing or sitting.
- Continuously standing, walking, bending or squatting
- Climbing up and down stairs and ladders
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds frequently
- Manipulating small tools, field equipment, and mechanical components
Local, regional, and national travel by vehicle and air up to 50% of time away from office.
Pace Analytical Services, LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Pace Analytical Services, LLC