Senior Database Administrator
Pace Analytical Services LLC Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) will work with various IT teams to develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions, and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases. The DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases and guarantee the data is stored securely and efficiently. The DBA will also provide strategic guidance and implementation of system design, maintenance, and security.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Lead in efforts to Install, design, and maintain database system software and implement database security.
- Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes. Determine tools or services needed to monitor database performance and availability.
- Maintain database dictionaries and support tools; develop and maintain accurate system documentation. Develop SOP as needed for database installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades performed.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural, and tactical plans for the database and data warehouse environments; be conversant with, and cognizant of, the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the company and how future and current database systems can be exploited for the company’s benefit.
- Provide technical leadership on database systems and solutions. Provide individual mentoring and training on databases and tools. Recommend, test, and evaluate new technologies, software tools, and required skill sets; recommend and implement improvements.
- Provide assistance to ensure applications and report generation are performing optimally. Monitor query performance and mentor developers to optimize use of the database compute resources.
- Actively participate in the software development life cycle, change management and control.
- Maintain a Business Continuity solution for the database environment, including the installation and configuration of database software and replication processes including backup and recovery implementation and testing.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Plan and perform regular maintenance and patching of Database Systems as required per best practices.
- Identifies and evaluates problems for escalation to various programming or infrastructure teams as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of database licensing and policies.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ten or more years of SQL server database experience as Database Administrator (DBA), including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Experience with MS SQL and Oracle Database and/or noSQL.
- Experience utilizing various high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for MS SQL AND Oracle Server.
- Experience with backup/recovery best practices.
- Extensive experience with query tuning and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools.
- Experience with Red hat and Oracle Linux (preferred).
- Microsoft and/or Linux certifications (preferred).
- PowerShell, Bash, Korn and Power BI development (preferred).
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in an office setting. Work is subject to travel.
Pace Analytical Services LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Pace Analytical Services LLC