Scientist Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for providing or overseeing the analysis, administration and oversight of comprehensive chemistry/biochemistry policies, programs and practices; provides feedback and guidance regarding the analysis of materials, products and/or devices utilizing very complex to specialized professional and technical knowledge of chemistry/biochemistry or related equipment, testing, and procedures.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
1. Influences all aspects of performance management including hiring, goal setting, development, evaluating, performance improvement, motivation and recognition. May provides ongoing feedback for performance improvement.
2. Builds an engaging team environment by training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and recognizing outstanding team member contributions. Listens to team members’ feedback and resolves issues or conflicts. May lead regular team meetings and communicate essential information to team.
3. Ensures individual work is being prioritized appropriately. Ensures timely client responses; re-routes or redeploys work where necessary.
4. Provides complex to specialized analysis in support of various testing materials, products and/or devices utilizing various analytical instrumentation; follows Standard Operating Procedures and methods to perform testing.
5. Provides complex to specialized review, analysis, interpretation and documentation of testing results.
6. Overseeing or reviewing, completing and processing a comprehensive range of chemistry/biochemistry forms, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
7. Provides training and guidance on analytical tests, methods and instrumentation, as required.
8. Provides very complex to specialized analysis, interpretation and counsel to staff, management, and functional leaders regarding chemistry/biochemistry policies, programs and practices; involves broad operations and leading implementation and change.
9. Provides broad research, feedback and decisions to resolve management and employee questions and requirements; assists with receiving customer feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (continued)
10. Analyzes and reviews very complex to specialized operations, results, feedback and related chemistry/biochemistry information on an ongoing to as needed basis to determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret findings, and presents results, proposals and recommendations to management.
11. Ensures the accuracy of broad tests, equipment, actions, procedures and operational databases, reports, and related details through audits, queries, and operational reviews; works with teams to resolve discrepancies.
12. Assists with developing or participating in chemistry/biochemistry or cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other project requirements, receives direction and presents information to management.
13. Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and assists with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; receives guidance within these areas as needed.
14. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
15. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in chemistry/biochemistry, or a closely related field; AND at least seven (7) years of experience, including at least two (2) year working with highly specialized or technical programs or operations; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Very complex to specialized principles, practices and techniques of chemistry/biochemistry.
• Broad understanding of the administration and oversight of chemistry/biochemistry programs, policies and procedures.
• Very complex to specialized methods to resolve chemistry/biochemistry problems, questions and concerns.
• Broad understanding of applicable chemistry/biochemistry laws, codes and regulations.
Required Knowledge: (continued)
• Understanding of broad testing tools, equipment, and calibration.
• Computer applications and systems related to the work.
• Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
• Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Performing very complex to specialized professional-level chemistry/biochemistry duties in a variety of assigned areas.
• Overseeing and administering broad and varied chemistry/biochemistry functions.
• Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
• Serving as a team member and the development and management of projects.
• Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
• Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Preparing very complex to specialized functionals reports, correspondence and other written materials.
• Using initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines.
• Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Performing effective oral presentations to large and small groups across functional peers and the department.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting.
Pace Analytical Services LLC
ScienceView all jobs at Pace Analytical Services LLC
Get fresh Scientist Team Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.