Sample Management Technician 1 - Oakdale, MN (entry level)
We have an opening for a Sample Management Technician I position in the Client Services department in Oakdale, MN.
Pace® Life Sciences provides a full suite of contract CMC development, CTM manufacturing, regulatory compliance, consulting, and facility support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and gene therapy industries from our network of CDMO sites, GMP analytical testing laboratories, and manufacturing support service centers. Our experienced, highly trained industry experts, and our investment in state-of-the-art development and manufacturing facilities emphasizes our commitment to efficiently advancing client programs through the clinic to commercialization. We share a common goal to bring real value to people, healthcare professionals and health businesses around the world. Driven by our commitment to improve our health, we deliver services that offer hope – and a better, safer and healthier life for everyone.
Shift : Monday through Friday, full-time first shift position at Pace Analytical Life Sciences, LLC in Oakdale, MN.
Responsible for providing assistance, preserving, preparing, processing and maintenance of lab samples, which involve knowledge on fundamental lab support policies, programs and practices while completing appropriate forms, documents and databases. Much of this role will be spent time washing and sanitizing glassware used in the lab. Putting the glassware away and organized. May include various forms of samples, such as biological, chemical, and related areas. This role is an entry level role and will train someone with no experience in pharmaceuticals and or medical device industry. Experience in fast food or retail industry is transferable .Will train and support someone with a positive attitude and willing attitude to learn and grow.
- This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Prepares lab for daily operations, including stocking materials, equipment, safety, cleanliness, and related areas.
- Supports analytical testing process using standard lab support knowledge in the collection and review of conditions, including preserving samples, completing sample preparation, documenting and communicating results.
- Picks up, transports, and maintains results, samples, documents, materials and other items as needed.
- Disposes of laboratory materials and samples using well established guidelines and instructions.
- Reviews, completes and processes standard degrees of logs, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. One year of experience in a lab or environmental setting is preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Fundamental principles, practices and techniques of lab support.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Fundamental methods to resolve lab support or technical problems, questions and concerns.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Performing fundamental lab support duties in assigned areas.
- Providing standard support within varied lab testing.
- Providing customer service.
- Serving as a team member working with customers and projects.
- Maintaining databases, forms, documents and related information.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in lab and office settings. Work is subject to exposure to blood or bodily fluids, chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab and environmental setting.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible role working Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. From time to time this role will come in early, stay late, and occasionally work weekends as ended.
Pace Analytical Services LLCSaint Paul, MN
HealthcareView All Pace Analytical Services LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.