Responsible for picking up, transporting, and
delivering samples and related items and completing appropriate forms and
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
1.Picks up, transports and delivers samples, documents, materials and other items as needed.
2. Reviews, completes and processes documents, databases, and related materials and information for sample pick up, transport and delivery.
3. Prepares vehicle or truck for daily operations, including documents, safety, and related areas.
4. Provides basic support in the application and assistance to staff and management regarding the transport of samples.
5. Provides basic support researching issues and developing recommendations to resolve employee, management and related customer issues.
6. Assists with ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations; receives guidance and direction or escalates when required.
7. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
8. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and
Registrations: Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Sample pick up, transport and delivery principles, practices and techniques.
- Understanding of the daily administration of sample deliveries.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Safe driving principles and practices.
- Ability to learn applicable organizational policies and procedures.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Safely operating a motor vehicle.
- Providing customer service.
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Applying and explaining organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining databases, forms, documents and related information.
- Using initiative and judgment within established department policies and procedures.
- Using tact, discretion, and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Performing effective oral presentations to groups and peers and the department.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to safely operate a motor vehicle and exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed on the road and in an office setting. Work is subject to travel, weather conditions, exposure to blood or bodily fluids, chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a samples setting.
Pace Analytical Services LLC