All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here at https://pvh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PVHCareers/job/New-York-NY-Calvin-Klein-Office/Associate-Designer---Calvin-Klein-North-America-Off-Price-Men-s-ApparelR14736/apply . Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Associate Designer is responsible for aiding in the design of the seasonal collection under the direction of the Designer II for Calvin Klein North America Men's Apparel. In addition to researching trends and color, sketching, and tech pack creation, the Associate Designer will manage daily communication with overseas Hub partners and vendors as well as the creation of CAD Line Decks for presentations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support the design and development of seasonal collections.
- Explore new concepts, materials and trims via web sites, trend services, and retailing.
- Shop and research competitive markets for trends on a seasonal basis.
- Present initial design concept tear sheets to meet line plan requirements.
- Assist with new trim developments and maintain Design trim library.
- Be open to attend trade shows to observe new trends in materials.
- Prepare design presentations for concept and sketch review meetings.
- Responsible for finished sketches/CADs for physical/digital presentations.
- Ensure timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Open and update style tech packs.
- Prepare design detail sheets for each style.
- Communicate with NY product development team, and overseas Hubs and vendors.
Experience: 2 years of experience in Design
Education: Bachelor degree in Fashion Design
- Strong trend and market research skills
- Excellent hand sketching and computer sketching skills
- Experience working with color standards and palettes
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Experience with PDM/PLM tech pack software
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines
Internal: Design, Product Development, Raw Material, Trim, Merchandising, and Sourcing teams
External: Hub offices, factories and suppliers
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- Responsible for creation of original designs in multiple categories that are in line with Calvin Klein North America Men's Apparel seasonal concept and direction.
- Develop a strong understanding of the brand aesthetic and the application of our brand DNA to our customer profiles.
- Highly creative environment
- Deadline- and process-driven
DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to recruiting, training and providing career advancement to all associates regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, or social or ethnic origin. Diversity in the workplace is encouraged. Bigotry, racism and any form of harassment or discrimination is not tolerated.