Position Summary: PTS Solutions is seeking an experienced software developer to work with our team in our Baton Rouge, LA office designing and developing public safety/law enforcement software. The PTS Developer will design, develop and maintain desktop applications, mobile phone applications, and other systems used by Law Enforcement, Court, 911 Centers and Jails.
- Due to the nature of our business and clearance requirements, employees are required to be US citizens. We are not able to sponsor H-1B visa applicants or non-US citizens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within a Scrum team, developing and maintaining .Net applications, including but not limited to: C#, WPF, MVVM, Xamarin, WCF, SQL Server, Silverlight, Visual Studio, TFS.
- Performs requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application development, product configuration, unit and system testing, and production deployment
- Provides senior level technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions
- Assists with the design and creation of relational databases in MS SQL Server
- Resolves problems and handles projects in an efficient and courteous manner with internal and external customers
- Provides regular updates to supervisor and project managers with regard to project progress and outstanding issues
- Participates in technical design and code reviews
- Provides suggestions for design strategies and best practice approaches
- Creates and maintains technical documentation as requested
- Works with internal users to identify system requirements and resolve issues
- Troubleshoots processing issues with careful attention to detail
- Available during non-business hours to resolve system issues if needed
- Identifies areas of improvement for processes and systems
- Maintains confidential material and information appropriately
- Assists in the creation of design standards and best practices
- Effectively works on multiple projects at any given time
- Mentors less experienced developers
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in analysis, design, development, and deployment of enterprise systems
- Experience creating web services, database designs, and programming in C#
- Strong experience using OO concepts/approaches
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Discusses topics at the appropriate technical level to best communicate with technologists, users, customers, and senior management - both in writing and verbally
- A team player that does what is required to meet team goals
- Energetic, motivated, and presents a positive attitude
- Experience with Scrum a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands: This is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer, requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment and may have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients.