The Senior Manager of Finance and Accounting, manages and directs all financial functions within the accounting group:
• General Ledger
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Cost Accounting
• Treasury/Cash Management
• Payroll and Benefits
This position reports directly to the Senior VP-Finance, Accounting & IT and works broadly with the senior and executive management team to establish monthly financial reporting, cash management, budgeting/forecasting and internal controls. In addition, this position will work in conjunction with the Sr VP of Finance, Accounting and IT to drive the company strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Planning, directing and coordinating finance and accounting functional activities.
• Support Senior VP, CEO and Executive Team in timely financial reporting accompanied by meaningful analytics and working with members of the senior management team to increase transparency for functional spending and connection to the delivery of operating results.
• Build discipline and structure to increase transparency and reporting accuracy for activities that regularly impact the financial statements:
o Commissions and bonus
o Contracts and project spend
o Freight and credit memos
o Overhead absorption
o Temp labor and overtime
o PTO and benefit related accruals
o Identify quarter end and year end activities for focus to assure proper inclusions and cut off.
o Establish payroll and benefits compliance.
• Bring discipline to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes to:
o Improve cash management
o Improve link to commercial activity
o Assure pricing accuracy and transparency in MAS
o Increase analytics and transparency for making decisions
o Improve compliance in sales and use tax
• Bring discipline to the Payroll and Benefits process to:
o Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
o Ensure compliance with 401K and benefits audits
o Establish procedures to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
• Drive the annual budgeting and forecasting process, including balance sheet and cash flow reporting within robust timeline.
• Identify reporting required to maintain compliance for financial statements, banking, benefits, etc.
• Link the accounting function and data with critical business processes (including S&OP) and key functions including Operations, Marketing and R&D to optimize operational and commercial output.
• Assures policies and procedures for finance are in place and meet compliance requirements.
• Assure timely resolution of audit and Board recommendations impacting reporting and compliance.
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others.
• Ensure the necessary internal controls have been implemented and maintained to protect company assets and ensure proper financial reporting.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, evaluating direct reports and retaining a competent staff.
• Planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees and resolving issues.
• Special projects as requested by the Senior VP, CEO and members of the Executive and Management Team.
• An experienced manager who is comfortable working with senior management and who can anticipate
• and resolve complexity
• A well-organized, hands-on, self-directed and collaborative individual who is organizationally mature and a team player
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
• Superior presentation and communication skills
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
• Daily use of various computer programs including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MAS 200/500
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; CPA preferred; MBA desired
• Ten plus years related experience and or training
• Tax experience desired (Income, Payroll, Sales & Use)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, handling, typing, talking, listening, requiring clear near and mid-range vision in connection with performing essential functions. Ability to travel within the U.S. and possibly overseas.
PTS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.