A Post-tension design firm providing commercial and residential structural (Specialty) engineering, shop drawings, construction materials (Post Tension Systems, Shear Rails and Barrier Cables), concrete restoration and other related services is currently searching for general shop laborers to perform necessary duties to produce post tensioning cable and shear rails in our Miami facility. We seek to hire workers including Foreman, skilled laborers, general laborers and operators to carry out various assemblies, manufacturing and quality control processes.
Duties consist of assisting with the production line, packaging and labeling, in addition to various plant or warehouse duties. Excellent Pay and Opportunity for Advancement, as well as the chance to join a dynamic and growing organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform necessary duties to produce Post Tensioning cable, Shear Rails and other related fabrication.
- Must adhere to safety programs and standards.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with company’s vision and values.
- Operate a shear line machine to cut post tensioning tendons to specific lengths.
- Operate a banding machine to bundle tendons for shipping.
- Operate forklift to move bundles of tendons or bulk strand to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate a power saw for cutting off tails or bad anchors when need arises.
- Use pliers with tie wire to tie tendons in coils.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Unload truck or trailers and store material as needed
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma, GED, or state/local equivalent
- Experience with manufacturing, industrial machine, injection molding, welding and general warehousing.
- Basic math skills to be able to calculate quantities or lineal footage of material.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Must have clean criminal background and be able to pass a drug test.
- Previous experience as construction laborer, installation or technician a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must work with heavy equipment and machinery, which requires attention to safety.
- Frequent overtime is required during peak seasons.
- Shift work is required.
- Driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Local candidates only
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, reach, kneel, crawl and stretch.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear without visual cues.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Have a hard-working, go-getter mentality
- Working conditions can be noisy/ smoky/ dusty/ hot/ cold.