AV Installation Tech
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental,
PSX is seeking a qualified AV Installation Technician for the New Orleans, Louisiana area.
- Perform installation tasks for audiovisual projects including, but not limited to: Pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projectors and metal fabrication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation tasks for the audiovisual projects including, but not limited to : Pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projectors and metal fabrication
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other AV system related tasks
- Assist with basic mechanical fabrication and basic rack wiring
- Projector and Screen support structure installations
- Test point to point functionality of systems
- Communicate daily job status to the AV Project Manager & AV Project Engineer
- Work with Manufacturers to initiate return material authorizations as needed
- Review equipment list with customer upon delivery
- Travel to various job sites required
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers, and colleagues
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work, and think independently. Ensuring to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video, and control
Education and/or experience
- Minimum of 2 years of audiovisual installation experience preferred
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Preferred External Training :
- InfoComm Quick Start to the audiovisual industry
- InfoComm CTS General Certification
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course
- Extron AV Associate Certification
- Crestron Professional Installation Certification
- AMX Intro to Networking for AV Professionals
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets PSX Driving Privileges standard
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment and can occasionally be required to drive to client sites.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20 ft tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear instructions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl dependent on job site environment.
PSX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
150 New CamelliaNew Orleans, LA
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?