Help Desk Support Analyst Position Description
We are seeking an experienced professional to serve as a staffer for our Help Desk. Position requires at least one to three years of documented computer management skills in an enterprise environment. Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills are also essential.
The IT Technical Support/Help Desk team member will triage customer IT issues or requests and assign work tickets to 2nd Tier Field Services and Tier 3 Services support teams. The IT Technical Support/Help Desk team member serves as a 1st tier technical support and liaison for internal business units for all computer systems and solutions related technical issues and/or requests. This includes but is not limited to: customer technical support calls, software troubleshooting, user & badge database data updates, check printing, incident follow-up, incident escalation and small project management. This position will be in an On-Call rotation within the department and must be available for off-hour and weekend support.
Key Job Elements include:
- The processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Record and maintain accurate incident and change records,
- Respond physically to trouble situations within the building and conduct troubleshooting as may be required,
- Conduct routine walk-throughs of Call Center, correcting both appearance and functional imperfections, vendors and guests, as may become necessary,
- Contribute suggestions for improvements in the quality, integrity, and efficiency of operations regularly.
- Troubleshoot systems software and address basic incident requests.
- Respond and follow up on technical help tickets submitted via phone, email, and walk-ups
- Escalate and follow-up on urgent incidents with department managers.
- Provide IT support for Windows, Microsoft Office, and a variety of other applications used internally
- Independently investigate and implement solutions to technical issues
- Identify recurring technical issues and propose solutions to address the root of the problems
- Experience installing and configuring Windows OS, networked and local printers, and business applications
- Windows 10 administration and bug fixing in an Active Directory environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Basic TCP/IP networking concepts
- Audio/Visual setup and support
- Experience with IT support ticketing systems
- Write process and incident resolution documentation
- Contribute articles and documentation to department Knowledge Base
- Remote into customer sites using screen sharing software to troubleshoot system failures to resolve system issues and/or train customers.
- Customer Service: 3 to 5 years
- Microsoft Suite: 3 to 5 years
• High school or equivalent (Required)