- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PSPDFKit is on a mission to help developers deliver excellent software by building exceptional products and providing great support. We enable businesses to work smarter and faster, saving time and expenses along the way, and freeing developers to focus on building great products.
PSPDFKit is, at its core, a company that creates solutions by and for developers. To do this, we hire curious, creative, communicative, and collaborative people. We’re a highly cross-functional organization, and we’re committed to tackling challenging problems — like enabling PDF functionality and designing powerful APIs — so that our customers don’t have to.
What We Do...
PSPDFKit is a rapidly-growing international B2B software company that develops industry-leading developer products in the document viewing and processing space. Our customer base consists of startups, Fortune 500 companies, and every type of company in between from around the world. Our customers build the cutting-edge apps of tomorrow which are relied upon by nearly a billion end-users worldwide. We are on a mission to replace paper, by empowering the world's best developers with the tools they need to innovate beyond paper. We are expanding our Raleigh office to support our company’s rapidly-accelerating growth.
What You'll Do...
The controller will closely monitor the company’s financial health by maintaining, managing, and analyzing financial statements, payroll, budgets, tax compliance issues, and more. Manage a team of accountants to establish core accounting systems and processes to support a quickly growing company with operations in the United States and Europe.
- Manage the company’s accounting functions (revenue recognition, AR, AP, general ledger, expense management), systems, and reporting consistent with GAAP and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Lead and deliver the month-end close process as the basis for providing accurate and timely financial information to management and investors
- Develop, implement, document, and maintain financial controls, guidelines, policies, and procedures that protect company assets and promote financial consistency across the organization
- Serve as the company’s point person for annual financial audits and tax compliance
- Assist the CFO with benchmarking, ad hoc analyses, budgeting, and reporting
- Together with HR, ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
- Build and lead an accounting team that thrives on trust and productivity
This is a hybrid role in the Raleigh, NC area.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience in corporate and/or public accounting setting, ideally with experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or international operations/accounting
- Rock solid foundation of accounting skills and GAAP evidenced through work experience and/or CPA designation
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to right-first-time
- Highly Proactive approach to identifying and addressing business requirements
- Hands-on, player-coach attitude consistent with our small, growing team
- Desire to build a department and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ideal technical skills include Netsuite, Salesforce, Excel, and G Suite
Continuous Improvement — We are continually growing and adapting as a company and as individuals; we believe the best is yet to come. We aim to learn from our mistakes, streamline our work, and remain accountable to each other.
Feedback — We value honest feedback, open collaboration, and relying on one another to continuously improve. We’re committed to listening to new ideas, being open to failure, and allowing ourselves to change our minds.
Transparency — We default to transparency in communication. We believe the ego doesn’t belong in the workplace, and that being open and honest in our communication builds and solidifies trust. We don’t shy away from the hard questions, and we welcome the opportunity to be candid.
People — We believe it’s always about people: our people and our customers. We care about each other, trust one another, and are excellent to each other. We’re committed to going out of our way to help our colleagues become the best version of themselves — personally and professionally.
Creativity — We understand the world is constantly changing, so we’re on a mission to explore, experiment, and readily embrace the latest technologies. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity, because we know it unlocks empathy and enables new ways of thinking.
Character. — We care about quality and we aim to get things done the right way. We believe it’s our responsibility to make the world a better place, and our commitment to helping the environment means reducing waste and coming up with creative solutions for replacing paper processes.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, perspectives, as well as providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at PSPDFKit