***Sign-on Bonus $500***
Terms and Conditions apply
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality plastic injection molded product. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes, this individual quantifies results, documents, and changes corrections. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel.
· Operate powered mobile equipment per company standards. Maintain production, maintenance, deviations and other required records and logs, as instructed.
· Monitors, assists, and troubleshoots existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency.
· Provide technical support to operators and other molding personnel.
· Working from sample parts or instruction, set up and operate standard or specialized machine tools and accessory control devices to make a wide variety of parts.
· Responsible for following 1st piece procedure.
· Process molding machine, making minor changes to process to insure the quality of all products.
· Make necessary equipment changeovers.
· Observe specific parts of equipment and materials in process to determine or analyze the cause of machine malfunctions. Repair and/or make any necessary adjustments to equipment to obtain desired operating results.
· Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycle count, process capability and tooling history.
· Provide input and obtain information to and from data terminal, etc. Perform preventive TPM and periodic checks on assigned equipment as instructed. Move or assist to move any equipment as directed. Assist other trades persons as assigned.
· Modify existing robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts.
· Operate overhead crane, change molds and set-up machine for production.
· Provide ownership and input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or the reduction of downtime.
· Participate in continuing education opportunities offered by the company.
· Must complete and maintain ISO competencies for department
· Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental and ergonomics efforts.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2 plus years’ experience in Injection Mold set up, mold changes, first piece inspection/try out, troubleshoot defects, debug etc.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to differentiate between customer production and service requirements. In addition must be able to cross reference between customer and PSIMP’s part numbers and descriptions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving and/or high temperature mechanical equipment and parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; infrequently, loud.
SAFETY: All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, actively participate in PSIMP’s safety program, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Employee Health & Safety is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
We take pride in being recognized for our attention to detail and personal service that ensures our customers are supplied with the highest quality products and services in the industry. PSIMP serves many markets including:
Medical & Diagnostic Equipment
Water & Waste Management
Leisure & Recreation
PSI Molded Plastics
Why Work Here?PSI Molded Plastics specializes in large to medium, high aesthetic complex molded products that provide added value in a one-stop-shop environment. Core capabilities include standard injection molding, structural foam molding, gas assist and gas counter pressure molding, finishing, painting, EMI shielding, assembly, and graphics. We take pride in being recognized for our attention to detail and personal service that ensures our customers are supplied with the highest quality products and services in the industry. PSIMP serves many markets including: Automotive Medical & Diagnostic Equipment Water & Waste Management Industrial Construction Material Handling Leisure & Recreation
Great people, good benefits and room for growth