Superintendent/SSHO - Federal Division
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Superintendent/SSHO – Federal Division
Place Services, Inc. and its partners have an immediate need to hire a Construction Superintendent/SSHO based onsite in Dayton, OH to oversee the management of Federal General Construction ground-up and other projects.
- Highly Competitive Base Salary with Bonus Potential!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance,
- Short, Long-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan AND Company Match
- Personal Time Off program & Paid Holidays
- Travel Incentive, Hotel and Per Diem Pay
Full-time onsite daily to ensure the construction and renovation of assigned projects. Duties include planning, organizing, and oversight of the assigned project; completing quality and safety inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff on Federal and Public agency construction projects all while maintaining the highest standards of excellence.
- Daily oversight of the project site ensuring quality and safety of all project stakeholders and activities
- Ability to be onsite daily during required working hours and travel as required and have a valid US driver’s license with the ability to pass a background and drug screen check for project site access
- Supervise, inspect and ensure seamless day to day schedules and operations of PSI and partner employees and subcontractors
- Coordinate all Construction Quality Control and Site Safety and Health Officer (CQC/SSHO) responsibilities with the assigned QC and SSHO manager
- Executing construction project schedules, and operations with subcontractors and PSI employees
- Representing PSI with professionalism and integrity. Attend project meetings and project reviews as required by the client
- Develop and maintain a critical path preliminary and final construction schedule and schedule of values for review and approval
- Schedule, manage, and assist, as needed, with all approved subcontractors
- Set expectations of subcontractors and hold them accountable for results. Assist in buyouts and subcontractor negotiations as necessary
- Provide direct accountability for job safety reporting and documentation
- Complete reports and documentation required or requested by management
- Inspect and secure job site to prevent damages and theft
- Ensure a safe work environment by following and enforcing DOD, Air Force, and OSHA safety standards (EM 385-1).
- Establish sequence & manner to carry out work, consistent with client’s direction and to keep the project on schedule
- Ability & willingness to study, understand, direct, perform, based on construction drawings.
- Prepare and document job meetings, safety meetings, reports, daily pictures & logs
- Be willing to physically work as needed
- Always be willing to accomplish any other task that may be required at any given time
- Manage project invoicing/pay applications and ensure timely payment to subcontractors and by the client for completed and approved work
- Prepare and submit closeout documents to the client at project completion
- Handle change order documentation
- Coordinate and oversee inspections
- Solicit submittals, shop drawings, and samples from subcontractors and suppliers
- Review and submit submittals, shop drawings, and samples to the client
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in a construction role with 10+ of those years in a Project Site Superintendent or Project Manager role on complex commercial or federal projects. Demonstrated experience and success with Quality Control and Site Safety and Health processes.
- Read and understand construction drawings and Federal specifications to include project schedule critical path activities
- Must fluently speak and write in English, bi-lingual speaker a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with construction scheduling software
- Ability to read and interpret architectural diagrams and schematics
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel/spreadsheets, Outlook with ability to upload and send documents and generate reports as needed
- OSHA 30 hour & CPR training or certification
- High School Diploma or Equivalent or better with trade/construction certification and experience
- USACE CQM certification or ability to get certified with company-provided resources upon hire
- Preferred experience on USACE and/or NAVFAC projects and processes
- Preferred undergraduate degree in Engineering or Construction Management
As an EEO employer, Place Services, Inc. is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Place Services, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
"Building Our Company by Building Our People"
PSI is a Full-Service General Contractor with Design Build and Architectural and Engineering capabilities serving clients in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
In addition, PSI has ten In-House Trade Divisions and one Federal Contracting Division. The combination of our ten in-house trade and general contracting divisions provides the unique opportunity to self-perform, value engineer, manage costs, project schedules and be a true partner to our clients.
PSI prides itself on building lasting relationships with our partners and sub-contractors. Our proven track record with clients that PSI has served since inception demonstrates our ability to deliver excellence in construction.
Place Services has four offices with the strength of over 300 talented construction professionals.
PSI's mission is to be the greatest source of help to our customers, by building our company and by building our people, all with uncommon integrity.
PSI Electrical Division
Get fresh Military Federal Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.