The General Manager will be working for a Progressive and Growing Manufacturing Organization. The General Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, materials, quality control, maintenance, receiving & shipping, daily P&L, R&D, purchasing/procurement, finance/accounting, and customer related sales along with business development.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Tracking operating efficiencies
· Managing labor expenditures
· Reducing scrap
· Continuously improving production thru: Kaizen events, Kanban systems, SMED workshops
· Strong adherence to 5-S principles
· Define, research and specify any new equipment needs
· Specify layouts for all new tooling requirements with focus on material utilization and profitability
· Instill facility wide commitment to 100% on-time delivery of all products
· Implement, follow and continuously improve corporate and facility QMS
· Consistently reduce annual PPM rate
· Identifying new business, both organically and through new contacts
· Visit existing customers on a regular basis to maintain positive communication with OEM buyers, production leaders, design engineers and quality engineers
· Provide return of all requested quotes in less than 24 hours of receipt
· Create cost and payback analysis for new capital asset requests
· Maintain facility asset list
· Demonstrate the leadership required to maintain an accident free facility
· Facilitate monthly safety training for all employees per corporate and OSHA requirements
· Insure inventory is maintained with a focus on 8 turns annually
· Insure all BOM are up to date and accurate per the costing process
· Specifying new material requirements
· Negotiating with raw material suppliers to maintain a positive costing position
Required Qualification & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, associates or some college with experience will be considered.
· 8+ years management experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience working within a documented quality system.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
· Experience with Lean Application Methodologies.
· CAD experience preferred.
· Understanding of the OEM market drivers and pressures preferred.
· Knowledge of converting processes and techniques preferred.
· Operational understanding of ISO/TS 16949
· Travel 25% - 50%
Directly supervises all department heads in the facility. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.