Supported Employment/Education Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRS, Inc. is recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US. We are a community-based nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with behavioral health care challenges and individuals who face life crises. PRS offers a culture where employees enjoy coming to work, are accountable, and can excel in the services they provide.
Due to our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a dynamic Supported Employment/Education Specialist to take the lead in assisting clients with employment and education goals. This position is part of a multidisciplinary team in our Loudoun County program working with at-risk young adults ages 15-30.
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Licensed Team Lead Clinician of the Linking Individuals and Navigating Care (LINC))Program, the Supported Employment/Education Specialist gathers assessment information regarding vocational interests, skills, and abilities; works independently or in partnership with other LINC staff to develop an Individual Recovery Plan (IRP) for clients to include an appropriate balance of skill-teaching activities and supported employment, supported education and long-term employment support activities; and develops individual employment placements within the community. The Supported Employment/Education Specialist provides on-site and off-site support to individuals and serves as part of clients educational school team of counselors and teachers when needed. The Supported Employment/Education Specialist serves as the subject matter expert on supported employment/supported education services within the LINC program.
- Assess readiness, skills and abilities of clients to gain employment or return to school.
- Assess and evaluate skill strengths and deficits in work/academic performance.
- Complete Needs Assessments and develop person-centered Individual Recovery Plans to include both psychosocial, employment and/or education services as appropriate for each person on caseload.
- Provide skill teaching and support in both a group setting and individually to assist clients with getting and keeping employment or returning to school.
- Provide assistance in transportation education and travel training.
- Partner with clients to explore job opportunities and gain employment of choice or determine educational choices.
- Educate clients on how work impacts benefits and entitlements.
- Assist clients on making an informed decision about disclosure in the workplace or school and reasonable accommodations.
- Design and assist in implementation of environmental modifications/workplace accommodations or contact with the school's office of disability and attendance/participation in IEP meetings.
- Educate area employers regarding the benefits of supported employment and the role of a job coach.
- Educate schools regarding the benefits of supported education and the role of Supported Education.
- Match client skills and needs with employer needs.
- Prepare and orient clients to a new workplace or school setting.
- Make regular employer/school site visits, as requested.
- Monitor clinical status and provide follow-up, long-term employment support and counseling to assist clients in maintaining employment.
- Routinely liaison and collaborate with LINC team members and other care-providers and/or treatment team.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Carry caseload as determined by program needs.
- Complete all billing requirements in a timely manner, if applicable.
- Maintain clinical records as required by PRS and the CSB, and complete appropriate documentation.
- Market employment services to business community and cold call businesses to know about job opportunities.
- Demonstrate flexibility in performance of duties as needed.
- Participate in activities to promote professional growth.
- Represent staff in agency and/or community-based workgroups to enhance services provided within, and related to, employment/education services for the target population, as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer procedures relevant to this position.
- Serve as subject matter expert on supported employment/supported education services for the LINC Project, to include providing content contributions to LINC curriculum materials, training to LINC staff, and leading LINC classes as appropriate.
- Master's Degree in rehabilitation counseling or related field, or Bachelor's degree with significant work-related experience.
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor preferred
- High degree of empathy toward the clients we serve.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
SCHEDULE/ LOCATION /SALARY:
- Monday - Friday 8:30am -4:30pm (Ability to flex hours)
- Loudoun County VA
- $47,000- Estimated salary depending on related experience
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING QUALITY OF WORK:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of supported employment/supported Education.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor signs and symptoms of mental illness and co-existing disorders and strategies to effectively manage symptoms.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently.
- Identify employment trends in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate effective job development/school enrollment by making placements that match client's skills and abilities.
- Provide creative skill teaching opportunities based on client needs. Provide creative learning opportunities within a group psycho-educational setting.
If this sounds like a job for you, please complete an application now! At PRS, we have been recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work for in the U.S. and we are growing! Our vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence, and community integration for adults living with behavioral health care challenges.
"Changing Lives, Saving Lives."
PRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at PRS Inc.
Get fresh Non Profit Communications Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.