Software Engineer AI/ML
PROTEIN METRICS INC Cupertino, CA
- Posted: 8 days ago
Protein Metrics Inc. (PMI) is seeking an experienced machine learning / deep learning software engineer, preferably with knowledge of mass spectrometry. You will join a world class team of software engineers and scientists, enabling data analysis for major biopharma and life science researchers.
You will join a high-growth, energetic, global scientific software company providing software for better analysis of complex laboratory data. Our software is used globally by the top pharma and biopharma companies in order to improve their products and accelerate the development pipeline of biologic therapeutics.
You will be responsible for design and implementation of machine learning algorithms in mass spectrometry and proteomics applications. Think molecule fragmentation patterns, chromatographic retention prediction, outlier detection, computer vision applications, you name it. These are just examples of tasks you’ll be facing, it is fine if the terms don’t sound familiar – we will provide domain knowledge expertise.
Position can be partly working from home from wider San Francisco Bay Area - must be legally eligible to work in the US.
Algorithm Design and Development
• Create machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) algorithms for analysis of mass spectrometry datasets.
• Create data science tools to enable PMI’s customers to gain deep insight from analyzing datasets across a spectrum of data types.
• Implement improved image analysis and data compression tools utilizing ML and DL algorithms.
• Analyze the results and continuously finetune and optimize the accuracy and speed of these algorithms.
Software Development and Process
• Perform solution design and hands-on coding.
• Ensure code quality through automated tests, code reviews, and adhering to coding standards.
• Participate in Agile ceremonies, including Sprint planning, Backlog grooming, and routine stand-ups.
• Work with cross-functional teams, Marketing, Sales, and contractors across the globe to ensure high-quality product delivery for customers.
• Create and update technical specifications and design documentation.
• PhD (or equivalent experience) in computer science, data science, computational biology, or a related field is required.
• Relevant domain experience in mass spectrometry, or a scientific field such as proteomics, genomics, biology, or biochemistry is required.
• Practical experience in data science, machine learning, deep learning.
• Experience with object-oriented design and programming (C++).
• Agile software development experience.
• Passionate, professional, good communicator, own your work, make a difference.
• Relevant publication track record is nice to have.
About Protein Metrics
Protein Metrics develops scientific analysis software for biotechnology research, mainly in mass spectrometry and optical spectroscopy fields, protein discovery, characterization being the main focus. Protein Metrics is headquartered in Cupertino, CA at the crossroads of computing and biotech in the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information, visit http://www.proteinmetrics.com.
PROTEIN METRICS INC
TechnologyView all jobs at PROTEIN METRICS INC