Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
PROTECS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Regional Director of Operations to join the PROTECS team in our Plymouth Meeting, PA headquarters location. Life Sciences and/or high-tech construction management experience is a plus!
PROTECS, Inc is a leading, innovative full-service project and construction management company focused on serving hi-tech regulated market sectors. For more than 17 years, PROTECS has provided its clients a broad range of leveraged services in a collaborative construction management and design/build approach by collaborating with best-in-class architecture/engineering firms from project inception to occupancy. Our mission is to identify, design, build and deliver spaces that empower individuals and organizations to innovate. PROTECS is enabling companies to improve the quality of life and even cure people of debilitating diseases through therapeutics, vaccines, devices, and semiconductors. We are headquartered in Plymouth Meeting, PA with offices in Raleigh, NC, Salt Lake City, UT and Bridgewater, NJ.
The Director of Operations position plays a key role in our organization as the leader of the operations group, managing risk, setting and maintaining policy, Site Safety, recruiting and developing staff, developing business opportunities, and ensuring projects are completed on a timely and profitable basis with a high level of client satisfaction. This entails direct and indirect oversight of sr. project managers, project managers, project engineers, superintendents, and administrative staff plus outside engineering firms, subcontractors, and vendors. The maintenance and control of operational standards and the health and safety program are part of this position. This role requires department and direct project responsibilities be handled in a timely and effective manner.
The Director of Operations conceptualizes plans to execute projects and manage the associated risk through the use of specific project teams and company practices. In addition, the Director of Operations will seek to extend relationships to build work with new and existing clients and will work to build new project opportunities for the organization.
This position focuses on longer term project planning, risk management, revenue building, development and execution of project opportunities, department (staff) growth, dispute resolution, and project success. The skills developed in this position will assist the individual in future assignments as a Vice President and organization leader.
- Maintains an executive level relationship with owner’s PM and senior staff
- Reviews obligations and ensures proper commercial execution of projects in this regard Leads, steers, directs teams’ efforts to ensure successful project execution
- Manages operational risks Provides leadership and direction to operations staff
- Reviews projects with PMs and ensures staff/project needs are fulfilled
- Hold regular cost reporting meetings with PM’s (monthly at a minimum), and reports to management on the results
- Reports on projects and operations to senior PROTECS management
- Key resource for critical project decisions
- Attends key project meetings
- Checks in on site progress approximately once per month, sometimes more frequently during critical times
- Reviews projects and looks to protect PROTECS interests and to ensure risk is being managed properly. Identifies, manages critical risk issues.
- Ensures project teams duties are executed properly
- Recruits, trains, develops, and retains staff Assists in maintaining and updating company Health and Safety Plan
- Assists in maintaining and updating company Operations Manuals Coordinates with and supports marketing and sales efforts
- Leads some sales efforts Will run front-end on some projects and may fully execute others as a Sr. Project Manager or Project Executive Responsible for costs and profits on all projects
- Responsible for schedule delivery on all projects
- Responsible for risk management on all projects
- Responsible for all field operations and field staff
- Performs other tasks as needed to fulfill office operational needs
- Ensures Meeting Minutes are routinely developed for all projects with owners and trades.
- Confirms Change Order logs are maintained weekly
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary plus generous bonus
- Paid Time off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) safe harbor employer match plus discretionary profit-sharing contribution to help you save for the future
- Comprehensive benefits package with employer contributions towards medical, HRA, life insurance and short-term and long-term disability
- Educational Assistance program
- Reimbursement for professional licensing and registration
- Professional development opportunities
- Publication stipend
- Employee Referral Program
- Co-op program with top engineering Universities
AddressPlymouth Meeting, PA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?