Marine Electrician I
PROPULSION CONTROLS ENGINEERING ‘Aiea, HI
- Expired: March 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Propulsion Controls Engineering’s (PCE) purpose is to provide the highest quality services to meet the needs of our customers while ensuring a safety and beneficial workplace for our employees. PCE has a current opening for a Full-Time Electrician I, at our Aiea,Hawaii location.
Provides basic electrical support within company facility and/or on board vessels.
- Able to perform simple Electrical disconnects and have the capacity to interpret multimeter usage and functions.
- Understand the process of Energized Electrical work chits and the process to obtain and perform Electrical Energized work chits; understanding the Safety requirements of carrying them out.
- Understand the requirements of NSTM Chapter 300 concerning Electrical Safety.
- Perform basic functions of Electrical tool checkout, repair and verification of equipment Electrical Safe Integrity. Develops, submits, and closes out WAFS, to include verification and concurrence of all necessary tag out requirements to safely perform necessary work. (Must qualify in company lockout tag out program.)
- Safely disconnects and reconnects electrical equipment; effectively completing equipment disconnect documents as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately follow work item specifications.
- Provides shop forklift support.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School or equivalent level preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2-4 years experience of electrical background, preferably within the marine and/or shipyard industry.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of general hand tools as well as those common to electrical maintenance personnel (i.e., amperage/volt meters, grounding tools, wire strippers/crimpers, etc.)
Environmental Factors / Physical Demands:
- Must be able to perform these as well as Essential Function(s) with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
- Must possess general hand tools as well as those common to electrical maintenance personnel (i.e., amperage/volt meters, grounding tools, wire strippers/crimpers, etc.)
- Work in a wide variety of environments, conditions, and/or situations; including:
- Small and/or confined spaces.
- At heights of 20 feet or more.
- Routinely bending, twisting, kneeling climbing and reaching for 1-12 hours per day.
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for 1-12 hours per day.
- Enduring noise, fumes, dust, and inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift and carry 1-65lbs throughout the day.
- Must be able to safely wear a respirator when needed.
- PCE is an “at will” company.
- PCE is a “Drug Free’ company. All potential employees are subject to a pre-employment physical and urinalysis testing.
- Are subject to security background screening and must be able to obtain and maintain required/necessary security clearance(s).
- Most positions require the potential employee to be a US resident. Proof required upon hire.
- Overtime may be required in support of company objectives though it is NOT guaranteed.
- Travel outside the local area (which may be on short notice) for extended periods of time may be required.
- PCE is an equal opportunity /equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
- No Per Diem available for this position.
PROPULSION CONTROLS ENGINEERING
TravelView all jobs at PROPULSION CONTROLS ENGINEERING