- Posted: over a month ago
Under supervision of the Clinical Supervisor the CASAC Counselor will provide counseling services in integrated outpatient program. The CASAC Counselor provides comprehensive assessment services to clients who may have substance use and mental health barriers to employment by applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and level of care. This includes performing SUD diagnostic screening, assessment, evaluation, orientation, treatment planning, case management, counseling, intervention, crisis intervention, patient education, reporting and record keeping in both individual and group counseling settings. The CASAC Counselor is also responsible for referrals and coordination of care in consultation with other professionals.
Key Essential Function:
- Intervention and employing a range of treatment modalities to include person centered evidence-based treatment approaches to include but not limited to motivational interviewing, stages of change, trauma informed care, anger management, medication assisted treatment, dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and contingency management.
- Ability to perform SUD and mental health screenings and intakes, orientation, SUD assessment, SUD diagnostic Impression, level of care as determined by LOCADTR, treatment planning, individual/group counseling, family interventions, psychoeducation, case management, crisis intervention, client education, referral, reporting and recordkeeping, care coordination and administrative supervision with regular supervision.
- Participates in supervision regularly.
- Develops and conducts group and individual counseling on a regular scheduled basis to caseload clients within the integrated outpatient program.
- Obtain random observed urine samples according to established protocol.
- Orients clients about program goals, objectives, rules and regulations, client’s obligations, right’s and program operations
- Knowledge of the obligation to engage in prevention as well as treatment techniques.
- Maintains and updates referral services and resources that may be useful to our client population; makes referral when necessary and appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a Substance Use and Human Service setting.
- Valid unrestricted OASAS certification as a CASAC.
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?