Robotics Sales Representative (Capital Equipment) - Pittsburgh
- Posted: December 08, 2022
PROCEPT® BioRobotics is a surgical robotics company enabling better patient care by developing transformative solutions in urology. With an initial focus on BPH, the company's AquaBeam® Robotic System delivering Aquablation therapy, is the first FDA-cleared, automated surgical robot for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Aquablation therapy combines real-time, multi-dimensional imaging, automated robotics, and heat-free waterjet ablation for targeted, controlled, and immediate removal of prostate tissue. Aquablation therapy offers predictable and reproducible outcomes, independent of prostate anatomy, prostate size, or surgeon experience.
This position is responsible for selling the Aquabeam Robotic System to greenfield and existing hospitals in the defined territory and establishing Aquablation as the treatment of choice for men suffering from BPH. This is a business-critical role and as such requires a highly motivated individual focused on executing activities and exceeding sales targets. The individual will need to demonstrate the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills, and enough tenacity to ensure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. They will need to balance between tactical implementation of programs, strategic decision making, and work effectively with all external stakeholders including clinicians and administration as well as PROCEPT's internal functional area.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be required as assigned)
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales quota for the defined area
- Work with the sales manager to develop a plan that outlines sales objectives tailored to the local market
- Manage the complex sales process of the Aquabeam System into new and existing hospitals
- Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings and marketing events
- Build support from surgeons and administration for Aquablation therapy
- Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the Aquabeam System within an assigned sales territory
- Effectively manage the transition of initial sale and installation to the Aquablation sales team to drive procedural volume and growth
- Develop initial contact with CEO and senior hospital administrators
- Provide monthly forecasts for the defined area
- Effectively communicate AquaBeam's value proposition to customers
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and KOLs within the region
- Partner closely with Sales Management and the Marketing team to identify and prioritize customers for higher-level corporate relationships
- Partner with the Customer Service team to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Ensure all required sales reporting forms are completed and submitted on time
- Maintain records in the PROCEPT CRM system on contacts and facilities
- Provide support in the resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues
- Proactively support organizational goals and objectives, policies and procedures, and FDA regulations including strict compliance with AquaBeam's Customer Relationship and the Sunshine Act policies
- Maintain a professional and credible image with customers and teammates
- Establish and maintain credentials to enter and work in hospitals and other medical facilities as required by facility requirements
- Manage travel and expenses per approved budget
- Maintain trained status for, and comply with, all relevant aspects of the PROCEPT BioRobotics Quality Management System to ensure product and support regulatory compliance
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Certifications)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited reputable institution
- A minimum of five years of experience in medical and capital sales within the Operating Room
- Start-up company experience selling disruptive surgical technology
- Strong local relationships within the healthcare community in the specified geographic area
- Leadership skills as demonstrated through past professional performance, involvement in sports, professional clubs, or associations
Please note: This is a remote position and the new hire will be based from their home office in Southern California. Our headquarters are located in Redwood City, CA.
PROCEPT BioRobotics Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at PROCEPT BioRobotics Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?