Clinical Specialist - Dallas
- Posted: over a month ago
PROCEPT BioRobotics is a surgical robotics company enabling better patient care by developing transformative solutions in urology. With an initial focus on BPH, the company’s AQUABEAM® Robotic System delivering Aquablation therapy, is the first FDA-cleared, automated surgical robot for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Aquablation therapy combines real-time, multi-dimensional imaging, automated robotics and heat-free waterjet ablation for targeted, controlled, and immediate removal of prostate tissue. Aquablation therapy offers predictable and reproducible outcomes, independent of prostate anatomy, prostate size or surgeon experience.
The Clinical Specialist will provide technical and clinical support for the AQUABEAM Robotic System and also provide surgeon and staff training, in-service support and clinical assistance for existing and potential customers. This role may also be responsible for field service support including system installations and repairs and making software upgrades.
At the core of this role, we are looking for a seasoned Clinical Specialist who has experience working with very complex surgical procedures and sophisticated robotically assisted operations that require a high level of in-theatre management, attention to detail, and the ability to orchestrate multiple professionals all at once.
In addition, we are looking for an excellent communicator who will regularly inform the Sales & Marketing team of what is being observed in the field relative to PROCEPT BioRobotics commercial activity.
The Clinical Specialist will also work to create competency, comfort, and expertise with all PROCEPT BIOROBOTICS technologies among physicians and support staff. The ideal candidate will exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing their work. The role will also work closely with R&D on any system modifications or execution of any field-based requirements specific to the AQUABEAM Robotic System.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be required as assigned)
- Provides medical professionals with product training, support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services, and technical troubleshooting.
- Works closely with the Professional Education and Sales & Marketing team to design, develop and facilitate training for sites and internal and external customers.
- Ensures Professional Education programs run efficiently, are effective and compliant to our regulatory standards.
- Consults with R&D on product development including updates and any technical development feedback.
- Provides instruction to surgeons and participants in formal classroom and field settings.
- Troubleshoots product issues in the field and respond to R&D and Sales & Marketing staff and customer product issues.
- Works to ensure presentations are consistent with PROCEPT BioRobotics’ goals and objectives and in compliance with PROCEPT BioRobotics’ indications for use.
- Provides customer feedback to Marketing and R&D on product design and customer utilization needs.
- Builds a strong clinical background and understanding with the ability to support Surgeons and Healthcare Professionals.
- Maintain trained status for, and comply with, all relevant aspects of the PROCEPT BioRobotics Quality Management System to ensure product and support regulatory compliance
- Understand and adhere to the PROCEPT BioRobotics EHS policy
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Certifications)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited reputable institution
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to travel upwards to 75% (primarily domestic)
- Prior experience with complex medical device - preferably with a robotic technology
- Solid knowledge in science and medical devices industry
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication skills (clear and concise in all forms of communications)
- Ability to function effectively across many departments
- Maintain strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and effectively adapt or change priorities as needed
- Creative problem-solving skills and the willingness to take calculated risks and act decisively (but should communicate potential consequences to enable informed business decisions)
- Ability and willingness to "roll up the sleeves" and become actively engaged in tactical execution
- Ability to extract and position key data elements from clinical studies that support safety and effectiveness in a concise, compelling manner
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to persuade in a credible fashion
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee occasionally packs and unpacks packages
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to up to 50 pounds.
- The employee may be exposed to engineering labs, a machine shop, and manufacturing clean rooms. The environment is subject to moderate noise from machinery (IE machine shop equipment, the PROCEPT Aquablation unit, computer equipment, printers, etc.), for which proper hearing protection may be assigned and worn.
- The employee may be exposed to hazards including electrical sparking, water, and chemicals, for which proper protective equipment will be assigned and worn.
- The employee will frequently be exposed to clinical operating rooms, for which proper personal protection equipment will be assigned and worn.
COVID-I9 Vaccine Requirement: As of August 19, 2021, all PROCEPT BioRobotics employees must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. The company will follow an accommodation process for medical or religious exemptions.
Powered by JazzHR
PROCEPT BioRobotics Corporation
HealthcareView all jobs at PROCEPT BioRobotics Corporation