PRO IS, Inc. currently has exciting Underwriting Assistant position available within our Underwriting Support team. This role will suit candidates who are looking for a great opportunity with a growing company. On-the-job training on the systems and processes will be provided. Candidates need a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe.
Underwriting Assistants do parts of the property and casualty insurance underwriting process to support the Underwriters at our client companies. The duties vary depending on which client and part of the process the person is assigned to. Each client has their own software and process. We provide the training for our employees on the clients’ systems and processes. Some examples of the work they do include:
- Entering information about a potential policyholder from a standard form into the client’s system.
- Working through a list of items in regards to insurance policies nearing their renewal dates to determine if they can be renewed without further information or review.
- Verifying that all other parts of the process are completed and look correct and then combining the documents for different parts of the policy to create the policy document.
The hours for the positions are Monday through Friday from 11 am – 8 pm. These are set times to meet the needs of our client and do not vary week to week.
- Analysis, interpretation, and manipulation of data
- Investigation and application of missing data
- Input relevant fields in the clients’ systems
- Review all accounts to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Notify client of errors for correction
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to extract data from provided documents
- Experience with MS Office, Windows 7 or above, and Adobe
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet client requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments
- Knowledge & understanding of insurance business and ability to read policy Terms & Conditions a plus
- Accurate and timely entry of a high volume of data within a given timeframe
PRO IS, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package.
If you have the skills mentioned above and are looking to join a growing business, please submit your resume and one of the recruitment team will be in touch. Due to the high volume of candidates, if you have not heard back from one of the recruitment team within two weeks it means on this occasion your resume has been unsuccessful.
PRO IS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.