PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Drafter CAD Operator III
Job Code: Q87 - LA-Drafter/CAD Opr III
SCA Occup : Drafter/CAD Operator III
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2017
There are direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Drafter/CAD Operator III prepares drawings by working manually or using a computer. Employees in this job class perform assignments requiring considerable initiative, resourcefulness, and drafting expertise. This job class requires the ability to exercise independent judgment.
1. * Occasionally interprets general designs and CADD drawings prepared by others to complete minor details and review them for accuracy and adequacy.
2. * Modifies preliminary, final, contract and as-built CADD drawings prepared by others to tailor them to meet the specific needs of the project.
3. * With limited technical assistance, prepares a variety of 2-dimensional community maps, route maps, single-line sketches, floor plans, organization charts, decision charts, and similar technical drawings either manually or using a computer.
4. * Works from sketches, computer models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments.
5. * Prepares complete sets of complex drawings or computer models that include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings.
6. * Maintains a CADD and data file library (electronic and hard copy) by organizing, managing, maintaining, and updating computer generated drawings, renderings, and documents on the commonly shared networked hard drive for easy access and retrieval by project staff.
7. *Archives outdated drawings in accordance with current Federal Record Center standards.
8. *Utilizes latest A/E/C CADD United States National CAD Standard to create, name, and populate layers including but not limited to layer color, layer line weight, and layer line type.
9. * Prepares AutoCAD.dwg and PDF versions of various types of technical drawings of structures, facilities, land profiles, water systems, mechanical and electrical equipment, pipelines, duck systems, and similar equipment, systems, and assemblies.
10. * Makes full color plots up to Arch D size of technical drawings.
11. *From engineering designs, lays out plan, profile and detail appurtenances required, and notifies supervisor of conflicting details in design.
12. *Selects required information from computer programs, internet sites, precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides.
13. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
Two or more years of experience in use of AutoCAD software;
Working knowledge of Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Office applications;
Knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques;
Familiarity with setting-up, operating, and performing user-level maintenance of plotters and printers;
Knowledge of common building and construction practices and materials;
Familiarity with basic architectural/engineering principles, building industry standards, building codes, and LEED program, including the North American Datum 83, State Coordinate Plane, Zone 5 coordinate system;
Ability to use, select, and interpret recognized symbols, legends, shading, and lines having specific meaning in CAD Drafting/Operating;
Skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques;
Fluency in the use of mathematical formulas to draw land contours or to compute weight, center of gravity, load capacities, dimensions, and qualities of material;
Command of the English language and ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements.
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
Maneuvering to and around equipment
Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
Transporting to various locations within customer site
Viewing computer screens
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with limited privacy and exposure to noise from others conducting business. The remainder of work is performed on job sites in the field, driving to and from worksite. Employees may be exposed to noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2019-10863
Type Full Time Regular
Location US-CA-El Segundo
Additional Information This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability