- The UAS Assessment Nurse will be responsible for the completion of field assessments in patients homes and patient observation of cognitive skills and electronically submitting documentation related to the completion of UAS assessments. Reports to UAS Program Manager.
- Visit MLTC members receiving long term care
- Conduct face to face UAS assessments according to state and plan guidelines.
- Perform assessments in the home setting
- Assess eligibility of Medicaid members in need of managed long term care using a comprehensive web based system
- Consult with health care providers and review medical records and medications to support assessment outcomes.
- NYS RN License
- 1 year of experience in:home care, hospice or field based care management experience. or MLTC (nursing home)
- Intermediate ability to use computerized systems such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and to navigate the DOH UAS healthcare system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent patient care and assessment skills.
- Must be willing to travel by car and or public transportation.