Pride Health is seeking an Surgical Tech to become a part of our team! The Surgical Tech is responsible for adhering to standards of nursing practice and patient care, correct use of supplies/equipment and maintenance of the surgical field.
- Performs the functions of a surgical technologist as a scrub person during surgical procedures providing patient care services appropriate to the age of the patients (ages pediatric through geriatric) served during the shift of duty in collaboration with the RN.
- Serves as scrub person during operative procedures Anticipates surgeon's needs.
- Supplies appropriate instruments, suture and specialty items.
- Maintains aseptic technique during all sterile procedures.
- Assures proper identification and handling of specimens.
- Completes all required sponge, sharps and instrument counts.
- Follows appropriate action in emergency situations.
- Provides patient care Adheres to standards of clinical practice and patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Assists in transfer/positioning of patients.
- Collaborates with the MD and circulating nurse to provide care for each patient.
- Respects the confidentiality of all information.
- Corrects use and setup of supplies and equipment
- Assures availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment.
- Must be a graduate of an approved Surgical Technology program or LPN training
Please apply directly or feel free to send resumes directly to email@example.com