Pride Health is seeking candidates for a Medical Lab Technician with a client in Minneapolis, MN. This is a temp-to-hire role, Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week, start time varies from 7:30am to 10:30am. This person will be floating between 5 clinics in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Performs specimen collection (including phlebotomy) and processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality.
- Performs and evaluates diagnostic testing to provide accurate and reliable laboratory results.
- Treats abnormal results according to policies and procedures.
- Completes orders, enters and verifies test results. Documents all written data, files or sorts paperwork. Completes other clerical functions accurately to ensure accurate test ordering and reporting of patient results.
- Completes routine maintenance, troubleshoots and repair procedures on laboratory instruments to ensure proper operation.
- Completes appropriate documentation. Consults with technical support as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of an MLT Associates degree is required.
- ASCP MLT certification is preferred, but not required. If not certified, must obtain certification within 1 year of hire.
- 1+ year of phlebotomy experience is preferred.