Pride Health is currently looking for a Technologist Trainee in the Shelton, CT area!
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 6PM-2:30AM
- Perform all technical grossing procedures required to process and submit specimens for microscopic review as per standard operating procedures under the indirect and direct supervision of pathologists
- Operate and maintain automated tissue processors, performs tissue embedding, Cryostat sectioning, operate and maintain tissue embedding units
- Operate and maintain H&E stainers, IHC stainers, special stains stainers and coverslipping units, perform manual coverslipping
- Provide re-cut preparation for microtomy and slide organization to perform case compilation for pathology
- Scan cases out of the lab to pathology, maintain log books, and be familiar with location of stored specimens
- Locate specimens and pulls from various departments as requested, paraffin block filing, lab document archiving, prepare and discard chemical reagents such as reagent alcohols
- Perform safety checks in lab
- Work with chemicals such as Xylene, Alcohols, Formaldehyde, etc.
- Handle minute patient tissue samples
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
- Must have lab experience