Senior Data Engineer - Google Cloud Platform
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will demonstrate a robust track record of leading data engineering projects and enhancement efforts on a Google Cloud Platform. You will be a subject matter expert on GCP services, tools, and best practices. You will help drive key initiatives and high value projects, including the migration of existing data warehouse platforms (iSeries-based and AWS-based) onto GCP, as well as integrating with operational systems located within AWS, Azure, and on-prem using the best fit integration technologies and methodologies. You will work with an internal project team augmented by third-party project resources who will be onshore and offshore. The successful candidate should also possess a Green Card or be of US citizenship.
- Technical subject matter expert in GCP, providing input into architecture, platforms, and development strategies and methodologies – includes mentorship of engineering team via design reviews, code reviews, etc.
- Shape strategy and implementation for migration of key data and functionality from existing data warehouse platforms onto GCP.
- Drive the necessary changes and recommending appropriate technology choices working collaboratively with expert input into GCP-related and other project decisions.
- Interface with key business functions, as well as IT Business Analysis teams to assess business functional requirements and translate them into data and integration requirements.
- Collaborate with and guide technical resources from consulting partners, communicate architecture standards and best practices, establish a high impact development process.
- Support the shift towards a DevOps mentality for the Data & Analytics delivery function, emphasizing continuous integration, release management and automated testing to maximize development agility and improve time to market.
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Data & Analytics field.
- 2+ years of experience in GCP-specific architecture, development, or support capacity.
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of SDLC & ITIL.
- 2+ years of experience designing and building data storage capabilities, such as data warehouse or data lake.
- An understanding of large-scale computing solutions, including software design and development, and database architectures.
- Knowledge of GCP cloud security, orchestration, management, data management.
- Strong knowledge of ETL, ELT, CDC, messaging, streaming, and all forms of data ingestion techniques applicable to cloud-based Data & Analytics.
- Strong skills in SQL; no-SQL; relational & non-relational platforms; multiple file formats, including Parquet, AVRO, JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Strong Java, Python development.
- Experience with AWS environment.
- Experience with data science platforms, such as Dataiku.
- Experience designing and building API interfaces for efficient data extraction.
- Experience working in Global Retail Industry.
TechnologyView all jobs at PRI Technology
Get fresh Data Platform Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.