This is a unique opportunity for someone who is looking to grow into a more strategic role while supporting the database environment; someone who is not happy with the status quo and always look for ways to use emerging technologies to solve business problems. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and a self-starter; someone who loves new challenges and likes working in agile environment.
Who Will Love This Job
A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
A learner: You are knowledgeable about emerging noSQL /Graph/in memory database technologies and have at least POC experience in one.
Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
About the Job
The Database Administrator role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of SQL Server databases both on-prem as well as in Azure cloud. The DBA will not only provide support for and manage SQL Server environment, but will also be involved in testing and implementation of noSQL databases and will help us migrate SQL data to noSQL databases.
The position will also be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing all Database Operations including planning, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, security configurations and migrations
- Build & Manage SQL Server databases in multiple environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure SQL implementations & integrations meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan, coordinate and manage data migrations and replication between systems.
- Help development team members write efficient queries
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Working with SQL in public cloud spaces like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Be part of an On-Call Rotation
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 4-6 years SQL Server 2016/17Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native and 3rd party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Demonstrated understanding of complex SQL, stored procedures, database functions, SSIS and ANSI and T-SQL queries and scripts.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Always On Availability Groups, MS SQL Clustering and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Security and data protection best practices
- noSQL experience (a plus)
- DevOps knowledge (a plus)
- Linux Operating System experience (nice to have)
- Managing SQL Server databases in on-prem and in Azure cloud (AWS experience is ok)
- Project management experience
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in an agile project methodology