Remote Software Engineer C++ Python C Github CMAKE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
My name is Bill Stevens and I have a new twelve month plus Software Engineer opportunity available that could be of interest to you, please review my specification below and I am available at any time to speak with you so please feel free to call me.
This position will start off as a remote position however once the shelter in place laws are lifted the ideal candidate should be capable of working five days a week at Midtown, Manhattan.
Due to client confidentiality please call me for the w-2 and contract rates.
The firms Ticker Team is responsible for the integrity of the software that delivers the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. More than 4,500 developers rely on us to provide the core foundation and data required for their applications. Their work environment is fast-paced, spirited, friendly and collaborative. On their team, you will learn about state-of-the-art large-scale development infrastructure, work with field experts, and get insight into the heart of the firms financial engine. They are currently in the process of upgrading a large number of software assets. The project will involve communication with multiple engineering teams, the migration of code to modern infrastructure, creation of project summary documentation, and the development of scripts to support all the above.
As a software engineering consultant enabling this migration:
• You will be involved in coordinating, planning, rolling out and testing updates to the production system.
• You will also have the opportunity to learn the challenges in design and maintenance of large scale enterprise systems.
• You’ll develop expertise in CMake, git, C++ build troubleshooting, and Python.
• You'll have the opportunity to extend our existing infrastructure. This will include modifying or developing code using CMake, Python, and frameworks of the Jenkins ecosystems.
• Complete projects that required significant communication skills and the ability to work with a team
• Collaboratively document tasks consistent with industry standards, project specific design principles and frameworks
• Work with engineering and product teams across the firm and understand their application requirements and data access patterns
• Be willing to tackle new challenges, learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to communicate/interact with internal engineers to learn systems is essential.
• Ability to write technical documentation on systems and processes is essential.
• Basic familiarity with C++, its compilation process, and solving linker errors on UNIX/Linux platforms.
• Aptitude for writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
• Full-Time work experience with C or C++
• Familiarity with CMake
• System admin experience
• Experience with Git and Jenkins pipelines
• Experience with Python scripting
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, sponsorship for this role is not available at this time.
The interview process will include an initial telephone screening.
Please let me know your interest for this position, availability to interview and start for this position along with a copy of your recent resume or please feel free to call me at any time with any questions.
Director of Technical Recruiting
Denville, New Jersey 07834
Direct Line: 1-973-732-5454 x21
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at PRI Technology