Network Security Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
I have a full time opportunity for a Network Security Engineer to join the team with one of our dynamic digital clients. This person will work daily within the Cisco Firepower platform and respond to security issues within the organization.
Please see the job description below for your review.
- Individually implement, and/or coordinate the activities of others to remediate vulnerabilities and detected threats in a 24x7 environment.
- Collaborates with network, infrastructure, application, and other engineering staff in implementing consistent security safeguards and controls throughout the organization including firewalls, VPNs, and other solutions.
- Monitors and evaluates organizational security posture.
- Provides second-level network infrastructure and cybersecurity support for Engineering and IT operations.
- Provides technical support to system owners to propose mitigation and remediation solutions to identified vulnerability and security issues.
- Revising and developing processes to strengthen the security operations framework, review policies, and highlight the challenges in managing Service Level Agreements (SLA) of the enterprise systems.
- Actively participates in periodic security reviews. Manages remediation activities.
- Tracks and reports overall organizational security health.
- Ensures compliance with the organization's information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors, and other third parties and refers problems to appropriate department managers or administrators.
- Supports and increases organizational information security awareness through education programs and communications.
- Leads or coordinates breach response activities: assesses scope, escalates and communicates issues upstream as appropriate
- Performs or provides direction and guidance to other staff in performing configuration changes to network or security devices.
- Hands on knowledge of Cisco Cloud Email Security, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco FirePOWER Management Center, Cisco SecureX
- Experience with some of the following: Microsoft WFAS, Crowdstrike Falcon (or similar), AnyConnect, Multi-Factor Authentication, Malware Sandbox, Endpoint Protection Platforms, DLP, NAC, SIEM Technologies, Protocol Analyzers, and Vulnerability Scanning.
- Incident management process development and/or incident management experience
- At least 3 years of SOC or NOC and DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) experience.
- Experience with security device installations, configuration and troubleshooting (e. g., firewall, IDS, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Great customer service skills
- Advanced technical writing skills
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Security or similar experience
Senior Technical Recruiter
P: 973.732.5454 x27
AddressWisconsin Rapids, WI
TechnologyView all jobs at PRI Technology
Get fresh Network Security Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.