ERP Business Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
(Contract Anticipated 6 months with possibility of extension)
Our client is seeking an ERP Business Analyst. This position is responsible for conducting business process, system analysis and requirements gathering for a proposed ERP business application selection and implementation. They will work as part of a small and newly established Project and PMO team, reporting into the Associate Director Projects and PMO and support the introduction of formal business analysis processes and techniques to specific projects.
The Business Analyst will liaise with internal business stakeholders to document the RFP, understand current processes, gather requirements, identify opportunities for improvement and deliver recommendations. They will be responsible for building collaborative working relationships across the business and with IT and Scientific Computing teams and facilitating workshops to discuss and consider a range of new process improvement initiatives.
- Identify relevant stakeholders (clients, third party suppliers, internal teams etc.) and their area, level of influence in the business and for each project. Develop and execute a strategy to manage, collaborate and communicate with stakeholders appropriately to understand their business goals, aspirations, and challenges.
- Lead discovery sessions and workshops, (on-site and remotely) including white boarding and ideas generation to understand how changes to process, data and reporting, and software can improve efficiencies and add value
- Identify tactical/quick win opportunities to improve current processes or better exploit existing investment in software, prior to the selection and implementation of a wider end-end solution.
- Liaise with business managers and users to understand, align, and prioritize business requirements and expectations across all business areas using methods such as MoSCoW.
- Provide expertise on system capabilities / limitations as it relates to business needs, balancing process complexity, technological feasibility and capability with anticipated costs and benefits.
- Produce and manage documentation sets including business requirements, specifications, feasibility proposals, process documentation describing the project's objectives, individual process flows, user stories and outcomes, and data requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to gain feedback and necessary approvals on functional, non-functional, and technical requirements.
- Define and obtain agreement for the business solution acceptance criteria. Work with the business owners to assess vendor and product capabilities against agreed requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Support the project management team during the design, build and implementation phases to ensure that the vendor solutions meet defined requirements and functionality needs.
- Assist in the preparation of test plans, liaising closely with testing functions and end users to ensure appropriate test criteria are being created to reflect the business needs.
- Act as change agent, promoting the successful adoption and buy-in to new processes, systems, and ways of working through effective communication, engagement and assisting in product and process familiarization.
- Assist / Author in the preparation of development of training and/or technical documentation.
- Work with senior stakeholders to support the initiation of new projects and improvement activities through the creation of business cases, mandates, and cost/resource estimates for consideration by the relevant approval groups
- Work with internal IX and IT teams to promote the adoption of appropriate (both traditional and agile) project management and business analysis good practice techniques, standards, and documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree (e.g. computer science, business) or equivalent experience.
- Ideally formal Business Analysis certification such as CBAP
- Substantial business analysis experience across a range of organizations, project and business activities including sales and marketing, finance and procurement, human resources, and operations.
- Experience in documenting As-Is and To-Be business requirements, use cases, user stories, activity diagrams, BPMN/UML with ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Prior working knowledge and experience on ERP modules, i.e. Procurement, Finance (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable), Project Management, Order Management and Inventory Management.
- Proven stakeholder management and workshop facilitation skills (on-site and virtual), with the ability to elicit, review and gain approval for requirements, specifications, processes, and priorities.
- Extensive experience with full software selection, implementation, and development (SDLC) projects (Agile and Waterfall) from requirements, design, build/development, and implementation through to UAT, training and production.
- Experience in working with third party vendors, and outsourced development teams
- Experience in developing training materials and in training end users.
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation and be able to communicate difficult /sensitive information tactfully.
- A structured and methodical approach to the management of tasks, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to work on own initiative, prioritize workload, work to tight deadlines, plan, organize and monitor several activities at the same time.
- A solid understanding of business structure, processes, management information and KPIs across sales and marketing, finance and procurement, HR, operations
- Ideally biotech and pharmaceutical knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, consultative and negotiation skills
- Strong workshop facilitation, interviewing and elicitation skills
- Stakeholder analysis and change management
- Requirements engineering and processes modelling in BPMG or UML
- Cost benefit analysis
- A good understanding of the application of different tools and techniques such as Jira or DevOps
- Wider appreciation of applications, databases, SaaS, reporting / BI and other technology.
- Well organized and highly motivated. Adaptable, able to work on own initiative and delivery focused.
- Able to handle a complex range of external stakeholders with a diverse array of competing demands and priorities.
- Able to work as part of a small but growing dynamic team, actively promotingcore values and the cross-team sharing of skills, knowledge, and best practices to improve teamwork, increase awareness and understanding.
- A practical and logical approach to trouble shooting and solving business problems.
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
BusinessView all jobs at PRI Technology
Get fresh Business Analyst ERP jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.