- Posted: over a month ago
Group Account Director (Advertising)
The Group Account Director is the senior account role person, with responsibility for providing thought-leadership on all marketing communications program initiatives and leadership to the assigned account team. A brand steward, with a passion for excellence, possesses account leadership and management mastery of how strategic insights play within a creative development strategy. They understand a client's market and have the ability to conduct strategic assessment of the business landscape, using research and creative insights to harness the growth and profitability of a client's brand. They are fiscally responsible in resource management; can build and maintain productive strategic alliances and positive relationships with clients and agency partners. They're hardworking, collaborative and enjoy finding creative solutions to marketing problems engaging diverse consumers. This position is for a lead account management role on accounts that may include: healthcare/pharmaceutical; CPG (food/retail) and banking/financial services and other accounts, as required.
- Client satisfaction on the assigned account(s) is the ultimate business goal. Engaging all levels of client's business team and provides thought leadership building relationships w/client's
- Fiscal budget management across all disciplines while maintaining agency profitability for excellent service;
- Ensures work quality, from strategy to execution from all departments in the agency
- Overall responsibility for quality assurance, client satisfaction, internal team development and retention of account
- Develops/motivates and mentors account management teams
- Supports creative throughout engagement of target audience, in service of and quality assurance in client's objectives and business goals
- Leads the timely development and execution of deliverables, plans, campaigns, and projects to ensure that the clients' goals and objectives are achieved, promoting innovation, optimizing productivity and improving customer quality
- Manages, develops, and presents budget recommendations, business goals, ROI measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients
- Executes duties & assignments, consistent with agency's & client's brand guidelines and objectives
- Ensures staff works in compliance with agency processes, policies, and procedures; follows client's processes provided by their brand guidelines relative to budgeting approvals and legal clearance
- Maintains awareness and controls situations that lead to risk of write-offs and financial losses
- Possesses strong accounting and finance abilities (can read a profit and loss statement); manages client budgets against agency costs, providing clients efficiencies, supporting strategic initiatives wherever possible
- Assures client and agency relationships remain harmonious and client always receives a quality of service that encourages further growth and profitability
- Provides leadership and conveys the vision and values of the agency to client, staff and teams; assigning duties and deliverables in supervision of account service staff
- Participating in new business efforts, advises of the potential for new business and incremental business opportunities
- Attends appropriate business/social functions which may enhance the image of the Agency, reveal growth opportunities, identify risks to the business, and solidifying client relationships.
- Other responsibilities, as needed and as required by Agency
- The ability to work across markets and with outside region team members (based on Chicago, IL; SF Bay Area, California and New York/Tri-State Area).
Performance Standards/Measurement of Success:
- Client satisfaction ratings are high. No major misunderstandings or problems exist between agency and client. As problems arise, they are proactively and satisfactorily dealt with in accordance with company policy in order that client's marketing and advertising objectives are achieved.
- Annual communication plans are prepared and approved by clients; Annual competitive media spending and creative message review are presented to the client and approved by client.
- Contract negotiations are brought into review, consisting as required (including signing of initial contracts for current/subsequent periods and incremental business opportunities to follow
- Efficiencies to increase business performance; Clients are satisfied with our performance
- Capable of developing, mentoring and managing off-site staff, providing nimble oversight from multiple locations; are learned and curious
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting; grows and maintains positive client relationships; focused on a value-additive approach; a collaborative team player inside and outside of the agency
- Exudes confidence in management style and leadership ability; has strong ability to engage with client(s) and agency partners working within a larger team dynamic
- Strong experience and ability in researching brand categories to learn about histories of assigned accounts and competitive analysis in support of our account team leadership
- Is a motivated, self-starter account thought leader that loves top-tier client service; strong knowledge of strategic and creative advertising w/successful integration across disciplines; supports and upsells creative work; an attentive listener and understands the timelines of delivering exceptional work.
- Experience as an Group Account Director at a nationally recognized Advertising Agency; 15+ years of experience within an advertising agency environment; with at least 10 years managing a team, overseeing a high-value agency account, specific brand category and/or segment
- Strong knowledge of the Black/African American consumer market (AACM) and diverse segments; experience with segmented and integrated marketing programs; knowledge in digital, mobile and social media, events and experiential cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience writing scopes of work, understanding and allocating client budgets, with a demonstrated ability to grow business opportunities, incrementally
- Fiscal management to improve program value and increase ROI and ability to communicate and interpret industry documents (including contracts and budgets); understands all financial responsibilities managing profitability on assigned accounts
BusinessView all jobs at PRG&Me