Machine Operator/Assistant - day shift - NEW SHIFT
- Expired: May 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Ridgeway, VA
Type of position: full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday 5am to 1pm or Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Join the best production team in the glass industry and fabricate the glass for commercial buildings (skyscrapers, hospitals, airports etc.)! As Production Associate you will perform a variety of manufacturing activities: you may pull the orders, help operate automated machines, load/unload the production materials, trim the interlayer, ensure quality and support for production team. Start as an Operator Assistant and move up within company!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- You will loads and unloads glass using cranes and/or hoists and/or manually with partner,
- Inspects glass to ensure quality,
- You will read and understand a tape measurer up to 18th inch and sometimes millimeters/centimeters.
- You will be trained to set up and operate a variety of modern CNC machines such as furnaces, cutting tables, laminating lines, digital printers, grinders, to meet safety standards if need to ensure the best calibration level within Press Glass tolerances,
- You may assemble and attach hardware to glass to build custom shower doors or office doors,
- May operate forklift to load and/or unload trucks,
- May trim excess interlayer from edges of glass and load onto baking trays.
- Ability to learn basic computer skills,
- Experience with overhead crane is a plus,
- Desire to build a career,
- Good communication skills to share information about the orders,
- Excellent attendance to make sure the customers will receive product on time,
- Ability to work well with others,
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferable).
- 1st shift: 5am to 1pm or 9am to 5pm, starting pay $16/hour,
- Monday through Friday, Saturdays depending on production schedule. Hours may vary depending on department and location.
- Group insurance after 1 month from starting day.
- Life insurance covered by PRESS GLASS
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Bonuses up to $1200!
- Paid Time Off - up to 80 hours within first year, after one year additional 40 hours.
- Growth opportunity - start as an Operator Assistant and move up within company. More then 50% of Production Supervisors were promoted within the company.
- Great atmosphere - we believe in teamwork and help each other.
- Advanced technology - you will be trained on new machines with automated modules in the outstanding factory.
- Appreciations events for all employees!
Equal Opportunity Employer
PRESS GLASS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- I certify that the facts contained in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge and understand that, if employed, falsified statements on this application shall be grounds for dismissal.
- I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein and the references and employers listed above to give you any and all information concerning my previous employment and any pertinent information they may have, personal or otherwise, and release the company from all liability for any damage that may result from utilization of such information.
- I also understand and agree that no representative of the company has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time, or to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing, unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized company representative.
- This waiver does not permit the release or use of disability-related or medical information in a manner prohibited by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other relevant federal and state laws.
- I understand that a consumer credit report or criminal records check may be necessary prior to my employment. If such reports are required, I understand that, in compliance with federal law, the company will provide me with a written notice regarding the use of these reports and will also obtain a separate written authorization from me to consent to these reports. I also understand that a poor credit history or conviction will not automatically result in disqualification from employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
PRESS GLASS, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at PRESS GLASS, Inc.