The Senior Control Systems Engineer position oversees and performs the design, programming, documentation, testing, and commissioning of control system projects. They also contribute to overall team performance by training/mentoring associates, providing technical assistance, and improving processes and standards.
- Provide application/control systems design and development for systems of varying complexity.
- Develop and evaluate alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modify program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develop proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Interact with customers to gain an understanding of the business environment. Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned work.
- Work successfully in a matrix structure; focused strongly on customer service and personal growth.
- Regional travel 25%
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years work experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design and programming.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Material handling or process control design, development, and troubleshooting experience.
- Rockwell ControlLogix PLC Programming experience.
- Networking experience including - EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet.
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required
Nice to Have:
- Servo design, development, and troubleshooting experience of advanced motion control systems including multi-axis, coordinated axis applications is a plus. (Rockwell Kinetix experience is a plus).
- Experience with HMI, WonderWare Intouch / App Server / System Platform.
- Automotive or Food & Beverage experience.
- Experience successfully managing projects with teams of 1 to 2 engineers.
- Experience successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases.
- Familiar with common Project Management tools for managing budget, schedule, and scope of various size projects.
- Experience mentoring engineers on a technical level.
**All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.**
PREMIER System Integrators is an Equal Opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/premier-system/